Carnival Liberty, 09/19/09: A pictorial review.

DarthGrady

No really, dear wife and dear husband. Actually I'm not really sure:p I wonder too so I just fill in with dear wife and dear husband!

...................and you would be right. Some of the others commonly used are DS for dear son, DD for dear daughter, MIL for mother-in-law, BIL for brother in law etc etc. you get the idea.

You may have written about this but can't remember if I saw it or not??? Did you go to the piano bar at all? I see the entertainer is Duane Lewis & will be on my sailing as well. If you went was he fun or bland? Thanks!!!

You may have written about this but can't remember if I saw it or not??? Did you go to the piano bar at all? I see the entertainer is Duane Lewis & will be on my sailing as well. If you went was he fun or bland? Thanks!!!

Duane was keeping the crowd going pretty well the nights that I was in there. He plays a wide assortment of songs, from oldies to classical to country.

Duane was keeping the crowd going pretty well the nights that I was in there. He plays a wide assortment of songs, from oldies to classical to country.

Great thanks. We have a dueling piano bar here & they get a bit crazier so we are spoiled. Sometimes the Carnival piano players are fun & can work the crowd but a few times you wonder how they actually got the job!!!

Grady-

You posted a picture of Carnivals "OLD" terminal in the Port of Miami...is there a new one? I went on the Victory in 2006 and the old terminal looks like what we went out of. I am going on the Destiny in December out of Miami, so where will I be?

The pictures on your review were great. I have been on the Glory and the Freedom, but have never gotten off of the ship at Half Moon Bay. I don't swim on cruises ( I swim, on doctor's orders, at a private pool and though I enjoy it...or rather the results for arthritis..but not on vacation.)

My husband has gone ashore. but he is a Florida Native and way spoiled about lovely beaches. From his description, I had no idea there were tables and chairs where non swimmers could sit. They have a tour on a glass bottom boat and now, after seeing your pictures, I think I will sign us up.

I was also amazed at the sofa in the 1A room. That room certainly seems like a good deal to me.

I hope you and your wife had a lovely time. It is so nice of you to take the time to share your fun with us.

Grady-

You posted a picture of Carnivals "OLD" terminal in the Port of Miami...is there a new one? I went on the Victory in 2006 and the old terminal looks like what we went out of. I am going on the Destiny in December out of Miami, so where will I be?

Yes they recently opened two new terminals, at some point between now and when I was last there in 2006. The two terminals appear to be nearly identical. They are still working on the parking garage, so we had to park in an actual lot for this cruise. The terminals are very nice, open and bright.

The day we returned to port, the Destiny was at one of the new terminals, the Liberty was at the other. I would assume that Carnival ships always use them, unless there are more than 2 ships in port that day.

Enjoyed your review, espcially the part about the lady putting the carved fruit garnish on her tray! I am thinking about booking this cruise in March, mostly for the stop at Half Moon Cay:cool:.

Also liked seeing your pictures, have never seen hot tubs on a cruise that weren't full of kids!

Great review Grady. Thanks for taking the time to post it. We will be on the Valor this coming April and will be in the exact same cabin as you had. 1A, Cabin 1212. Thanks for the pics. Got it for the same price as you paid. We have been doing 1A's as of lately. For half the price of a balcony room, you can't go wrong. Thanks again.

Great review. We are considering a voyage on the Liberty and I am so happy that you took the time to post so many pictures. We were thinking about booking a room on deck 6 in the very back of the ship and I wondered if the view was obstructed or pretty good?

Karysa

Enjoyed your review, espcially the part about the lady putting the carved fruit garnish on her tray! I am thinking about booking this cruise in March, mostly for the stop at Half Moon Cay:cool:.

Also liked seeing your pictures, have never seen hot tubs on a cruise that weren't full of kids!

Thats why we cruise during the school year. ;)

Great review Grady. Thanks for taking the time to post it. We will be on the Valor this coming April and will be in the exact same cabin as you had. 1A, Cabin 1212. Thanks for the pics. Got it for the same price as you paid. We have been doing 1A's as of lately. For half the price of a balcony room, you can't go wrong. Thanks again.

Very true. We would book that room again in a heartbeat. The only complaint (so minor I didnt even put it in the review) is that the bunk beds tend to be firmer than the regular beds. Not a problem for some, but the DW likes a soft mattress.

Great review. We are considering a voyage on the Liberty and I am so happy that you took the time to post so many pictures. We were thinking about booking a room on deck 6 in the very back of the ship and I wondered if the view was obstructed or pretty good?

Karysa

To get a room with a view on deck 6 aft, it would have to be a balcony. The life boats are all below that deck, so I don't think that there would be anything to block the view.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent review!! I am so pumped for our cruise and can't wait to set foot on HMC. Was wondering if a cabana would be worth it but after seeing your pictures I don't think we'll need one.

We will also be on the Liberty 11/14. Is there only one restaurant that has a surcharge? Is there a surcharge at the coffee & pastry bar?

Thanks!!!!

Excellent review!! I am so pumped for our cruise and can't wait to set foot on HMC. Was wondering if a cabana would be worth it but after seeing your pictures I don't think we'll need one.

We will also be on the Liberty 11/14. Is there only one restaurant that has a surcharge? Is there a surcharge at the coffee & pastry bar?

Thanks!!!!

Thanks!

We did not rent the cabana, some of the other Cruise Critic folks did. If you find our 9/19 roll call, you can ask over there and they will help you out. We are all still chatting, so they will be able to answer you.

As for the dining, yes the steakhouse supper club is the only pay extra dining room. The main dining room and buffet are included in the price.

The coffee bar is also pay extra, but its ala carte. The prices are on par with what you would pay at a coffee shop on land. I'm a tea drinker, so I can't comment on the quality.

Hope you all have a great cruise!

Thanks!!!!

Hey RCTennessee from Muryville!!!!!!!! I've never seen anyone on these boards from Maryville so I had to say hey. I am in North Myrtle Beach SC now but was in Maryville from 8th grade till I moved here in 1993. Is the Humdinger still standing????

I sail the Liberty two weeks before you.

You should check out this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21672179#post21672179

It's a CC group cruise from Charleston next year 9/18/10 they are trying to make official. The first part says week of 9/11/10 but Carnival had no grup sailings on that cruise so trying to generate interest for the next sailing which is a 6 night. Would love to see someone from my hometown.

I have really enjoyed the review by DarthGrady & can't wait till 14 moer days pass!!!!!

• 3 years later...

Archived