"solarium" pool on Equinox

birders

So please tell me what to expect - (am approaching this with a little trepidation, as I LOVE the M-Class T-pool with its warm water...)

THANKS

It's a very large enclosed, temperature controlled pool/spa area. I found it much more peaceful than the regular pool area since Kids were not allowed to swin or do run around. It only got crowded when there was a very short 2 hour period of rain during an at-sea day, but once the sun came out again, the sunbathers went back to the main pool and open deck areas.

Is it similar to the RCI pools. We've been on Jewel of the Seas and loved the enclosed pool. We hung out there alot on sea days. Can you have lunch/snacks in the area?

It's a very large enclosed, temperature controlled pool/spa area. I found it much more peaceful than the regular pool area since Kids were not allowed to swin or do run around. It only got crowded when there was a very short 2 hour period of rain during an at-sea day, but once the sun came out again, the sunbathers went back to the main pool and open deck areas.

Is it similar to the RCI pools. We've been on Jewel of the Seas and loved the enclosed pool. We hung out there alot on sea days. Can you have lunch/snacks in the area?

I don't know the written policy, but there was someone who periodically came by and brought us bottle water/soda/drinks (at a charge +15% gratuity) and there was one elderly gentleman who tooks strolls to the buffet and brought back freshly cut fruits...and the staff never seemed to have objected.

I don't know the written policy, but there was someone who periodically came by and brought us bottle water/soda/drinks (at a charge +15% gratuity) and there was one elderly gentleman who tooks strolls to the buffet and brought back freshly cut fruits...and the staff never seemed to have objected.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is inside the Solarium. No problem with food or drink in the area.

My hubby and I loved swimming in the Solarium Pool on Jewel last year when we sailed to the Panama.

We went almost every night, later, around 11pm and it was quiet, peaceful and a great way to wind down after a busy day of vacationing!!!!:p

I can't wait to head there on our cruise in February.

Thanks for the tips everyone. As usual I find myself daydreaming about our upcoming trip to Paradise...

Chass:D

Could someone please tell me if there is a dining area in the solarium like there is on the Solstice? They had healthy salads, sushi, and on request fresh grilled salmon or chicken breast cooked to order. It was great.

Yes, Solstice and Equinox (and presumably Eclipse) are pretty much identical as far as I know. I never saw sushi there though (did see it in Oceanview though).

Duane, thanks. How warm is it?

(I know T-Pool on M-Class and I know Solarium pools on Jewel and Brilliance; it's Equinox pool temp I'd like to hear about.)

Thanks again!

We're also on the Equinox in March next year and would also like to know. This is our first Celebrity cruise after a number of Princess cruises. A totally new experience, I'm sure. We're really looking forward to it. How early to you have to get to the Solarium pool in order to snag a couple of chairs? BTW: What is T-Pool and M Class?

Duane, thanks. How warm is it?

(I know T-Pool on M-Class and I know Solarium pools on Jewel and Brilliance; it's Equinox pool temp I'd like to hear about.)

Thanks again!

also would like to know if the water in the pool is warm...heated?

thanks,

Judy

I was on the Equinox the last two weeks. The solarium pool is heated but it's not super warm. In fact I didn't even find the whirlpools to be that warm (you could sit in them combfortably for very long periods of time). The pools were actually a little colder then I would have preferred and I don't even nedd the pool water that warm.

This is our first Celebrity cruise after a number of Princess cruises. BTW: What is T-Pool and M Class?

T-Pool is the Thalassotherapy Pool (VERY warm water, neat areas for lounging made up of series of long metal tubes, etc., and yes the signs all do say one must be over 16 to use it) This is my photo from the Constellation TransAt earlier this month - the water was rolling out of the pool during 70mph winds in the North Atlantic!

M-Class: the four sister ships in Celebrity's "Millenium Class" - Millenium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. Love these ships. Sounds like X has made a mistake not including a T-Pool on the newer ships. :(

IMG_2229.jpg.8596b81931687c8730ece8e7ef4d8b4d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We were on Equinox last month and I was surprised that there was no age restriction.

Therefore I would say it is not the same as the tranquil environment you would get on the M Class ships.

I'm sorry to hear those - I was hoping for an adults only retreat. Is the relaxation lounge for AQ passengers adult only?

The solarium pool is Adults only.

From web site

Solarium Find true poolside serenity at the Celebrity Equinox Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous lap pool, sparkling waterfalls, thickly padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away.

Yes, I read this and it sounded wonderful. However, the experience of those who have sailed Equinox would contradict this (as does the daily newsletter) Duane kindly posted. It would seem kids under 16 are allowed with "adult supervision"

Guess I'll have to retreat to the Persian Gardens and relaxation lounge.

Archived