Cigarette Prices

materra

Hey all! Figure there have to be at least a few fellow smokers who've been here before. Any idea on the cost for a carton here? Not sure how much I should bring with me, I'm assuming the prices on ship are outrageous-- hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Hey all! Figure there have to be at least a few fellow smokers who've been here before. Any idea on the cost for a carton here? Not sure how much I should bring with me, I'm assuming the prices on ship are outrageous-- hope someone can help!

Thanks!

I am not sure if you can buy American cigarettes in the port area, but you CANNOT legally buy American cigarettes in stores. You can get a pack here and there if you ask and they open the drawer and sell them to you. You really need a cigarette if you smoke the Belizean cigarettes because they are not good. Belize has a special deal on cigarettes and beer, where you can only buy Belican (which is good) and Belizean cigarettes (which are not).

So I would try and get them in another port if you don't want to carry them with you. As far as price I can't remember, but I am sure they are under $5/pack even for the illegally bought American cigarettes or probably $3 for the Belizean ones. Different prices everywhere.

FYI, the cigarettes onboard the ship are cheaper than you think. SIL and I went on cruise in February, and it's truly duty free. No Taxes and that's what runs the cost of cigarettes up here in the states. We bought a carton the day before we got off even though we didn't need them because they were so much cheaper. If I remember right, a carton ran about $25.. That's about $15 cheaper a carton then they are here.

Archived