They are offering online reservations of FlowRider? I see problems with this...

Well we're actually in agreement on something G'ma!!:eek: I wouldn't cruise Oasis but don't begrudge anyone that would. I just don't want to be onboard with so many people and I agree that the special things to do onboard are going to have outrageous waits. I'm also not a fan of only having a few included dining fare venues or at least more pay than non-pay. The issue I have with that is it tends to be the long-term plan of the company to degrade the quality and service in the included venues to push people towards paying.

But that's all neither here nor there. I was talking about the Freedom of the Seas actually. It says it's available in the tips section but I don't see it anywhere to actually book. I was wondering if the spa is bookable ahead of time, too, but I don't see that option either...

This isn't the 1st Venue that RC has changed or implemented...to push people towrads paying!:D

Here is what I just found on the RCCL website:

Please Note: Pre-reservations for FlowRider lessons are only available for Oasis and Allure of the Seas. On our Freedom class ships you can sign up for lessons onboard.

Well that stinks! Looks like I'm going to have to plan on getting to the pier early to get on the ship quickly to get a prime time slot.

Hi, we were on the FOS in May. We signed up my son to be in a group of at least 4, and I think up to 8 people. We payed $60.00 for the hour. They almost had to cancel it because we didn't have enough people in the group. They called our room during dinner about an hour before the lesson and said they had 4 people. He loved it and we then signed up for the next night and other kids from the one night did it again also. It was worth it to really see him get some instruction and boost his confidence about the flowrider. We are going again next May and want to do it again for him. I guess we will have to see about the advance reservations because that is really hard to plan that far in advance. Jill

Last month on the freedom they couldn't fill the private lesson that I wanted with a minimum of 3 other people so they canceled it. I am sure that they will have plenty of people signing up on the ship, as they see others and experience it a couple times and want the private lessons. The flowrider online thing seems to be limited just to the private lessons, so it won't impact the regular line one bit.

It will be nice to sign-up online, otherwise, in order to guarantee yourself a particular time/day slot you need to be at the sports desk on the day of departure when it opens up, which you may not want to do if you are exploring the ship.

Thank you so much to all that chimed in. We are on FOS during school winter break, so we will be @ that pier and at the FR as soon as possible. That is our first stop. I guess since we are on the freedom class ship, we will have to wait, so we are going to give the kids the rash-guard shirts and a certificate that says, FR lesson will be booked as soon as we board. This will be a nice Christmas present. I am thinking that $300 isn't so bad for 5 kids since we are not doing any excursions on this trip at all. It will be a nice treat and can't think of any excursion for less than that for 3 ad and 5 kids. Thanks again!

Hi the first day I think it opened about 1:00, I don't remember exactly, you need to sign a waiver at the flowrider for the kids. That day it might not be too crowded when it first opens with eveyone just coming on boarding and eating lunch. If the kids like to iceskate remember to bring pants for them. Have a great time!! We can't wait to go again in May.

Hi the first day I think it opened about 1:00, I don't remember exactly, you need to sign a waiver at the flowrider for the kids. That day it might not be too crowded when it first opens with eveyone just coming on boarding and eating lunch. If the kids like to iceskate remember to bring pants for them. Have a great time!! We can't wait to go again in May.

another good tip...thanks! i was thinking that we could order room service for breakfast for the kids and i could just let them go off each a.m. to the flow rider while i enjoyed breakfast in the MDR (for once)...but, I guess i will need to sign the form each morning, then go to the MDR. this helps a bunch. thanks again.

questions: is there a hottie pool boy waiter over there to serve drinks to the hott soccer moms? :D is there a place to sit and watch the kids w/out standing around like a mo-mo-spectator?

another good tip...thanks! i was thinking that we could order room service for breakfast for the kids and i could just let them go off each a.m. to the flow rider while i enjoyed breakfast in the MDR (for once)...but, I guess i will need to sign the form each morning, then go to the MDR. this helps a bunch. thanks again.

questions: is there a hottie pool boy waiter over there to serve drinks to the hott soccer moms? :D is there a place to sit and watch the kids w/out standing around like a mo-mo-spectator?

I only had to sign the waiver form for my son once. He then had to go each day and get a new wrist band. Of course he was 13 at the time and it was a year ago so that could make a difference.

There are stadium style seats that you can sit in to watch. If it is windy the ones all the way at the back of the ship can get you wet if the wind is blowing the right way. There is a bar close by but sorry no hottie water to serve them!

Archived