Tour Operators for Curacao

lillulu

Does anyone know of any tour operators in Curacao besides actief?

I have contacted them but have not heard back yet. So I don't want to put my eggs all in one basket (so to speak). I was hoping perhaps someone knew of other tour operators that they could suggest.

TIA

It is not really a tour operator, but I am looking at an excursion booked through Shoretrips.

http://www.shoretrips.com/

They are a "broker" of excursions in many places. I can not vouch for the tour operators in Curacao, but I have used this company one other time to book an excursion on another island and it worked out well.

Hope that helps.

It is not really a tour operator, but I am looking at an excursion booked through Shoretrips.

http://www.shoretrips.com/

They are a "broker" of excursions in many places. I can not vouch for the tour operators in Curacao, but I have used this company one other time to book an excursion on another island and it worked out well.

Hope that helps.

Hey Robcool,

I have found a gentleman that was recommend to do a private tour. He will go where ever you want. You just tell him and he will put the order in which to visit the places for you being he knows the Island. He only charges $40.00 an hr up to 4 ppl.

Check him out. His web sight is www.pitaruba.com. Seems like a very nice man.

Will see how it goes. I trust our cruise critic members here, never got bad advise yet. :)

Thanks for the info! I have three kids going with me ranging in age from 17 to 25. I think I will have a mutiny on my hands if I just schedule a tour! ;-)

I am looking at the Aquatour boat excursion through Shoretrips. It looks like to could be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Beware of private "tour opeartors" in Curacao! We recently had a very bad experience. We had booked a tour with Eric's ATV tour. When we got off the ship, he was nowhere to be found. We called and he said he had us down for a different day. I told him that I had my e-mail from him confirming the date with me as proof, but said there was nothing he could do. Meanwhile we were being hounded by several private tour guides in taxis. We told one of them that we wanted to go to a beach with watersports. He told us that he could give us a two hour island tour and then take us to Kon Tiki beach. Well, the island "tour" was a joke...consisted of one scenic view from the top of a bridge and a local eatery, where he proceeded to get a snack. He drove us through town but did not show or tell us anything of interest. He finally dropped us at the beach approximately 20 minutes earlier than the two hours that we had paid for, but at this point it was a relief. The icing on the cake was when we found out that the jet skis were not operating at the beach that day and they wanted to charge us just to use the beach. It was only $3, no big deal, but we decided that we wanted to check out the Sea Aquarium first (which was just a short walk up the beach) and if we didn't find it appealing we would pay the fee and stay at the beach. Well the security guard proceeded to follow us all the way to the Sea aquarium to make sure that we didn't use the beach without paying the fee! By this time we were totally turned off by the whole place and just went back to the boat. I always book private tours and this is the first time I have ever had a problem. IMO Curaco is not a tourist friendly island, and

if I would strongly recommend a ship sponsored tour or better yet, stay on the ship!

ceecee,

I ended up booking with the ship only because I could not find a tour guide. But that's ok, I am sure we will enjoy it just as much. (I hope).

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Like you, I have always booked private tours as 1. They know their Island better than me. 2. They are usually cheaper then the boat tours. 3. Not a group of 50 or more people (like a herd of cattle) so you get to take your time and enjoy what you are seeing.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info! I have three kids going with me ranging in age from 17 to 25. I think I will have a mutiny on my hands if I just schedule a tour! ;-)

I am looking at the Aquatour boat excursion through Shoretrips. It looks like to could be fun.

Robin ... would any of your family group be interested in the kayak and snorkel trip? This looks fun too. I sort of like the Aquatour too. Will they pick up at the ship? Have you booked with them?

We just returned from the Adventure and used Actief for the second time in two years., As luck would have it, we had the same fantastic tour guide both times, Howard. He provided us with a fantastic Cultural and Historical tour this time, last one was Deserts and Caves. Both tours were well worth the time and money, and we will use them again next time.

Archived