Owners suite

cruiser02

Oh, and don't forget the 46 inch flat screen TV that is on a swivel so you can view from the Bedroom or Living Room! Also the seatee in the sitting area of the bedroom is perfect for a nap or working on the computer or just watching the ocean go by from the floor to ceiling windows!!!! The only down side, if you can call it that, is the balcony is a bit small in the OS but there are more than enough other things to make you forget about that! Go go for the Owners Suite if you can, you will not be dissapointed!

Oh, and don't forget the 46 inch flat screen TV that is on a swivel so you can view from the Bedroom or Living Room! Also the seatee in the sitting area of the bedroom is perfect for a nap or working on the computer or just watching the ocean go by from the floor to ceiling windows!!!! The only down side, if you can call it that, is the balcony is a bit small in the OS but there are more than enough other things to make you forget about that! Go go for the Owners Suite if you can, you will not be dissapointed!

Not every OS has that extra bump out in the bedroom area. Radiance and Brilliance do, and it's at the expense of the balcony. RCI seems to have remedied that issue with Jewel and Serenade, the other 2 Radiance class ships, Voyager and Freedom class - they all have balconies that run the length of the cabin. So does Monarch and the Vision class ships.:)

The main difference between a GS and OS is size and bathroom. The bidet is a wonderful addition - you don't have to rinse your dirty laundry in the same sink that you brush your teeth!:D

Just off Freedom and I must say, OS 1340 is probably my most favorite cabin of any we have sailed in, including a RS. The balcony is over 200 sq feet and you never really want to leave it or your cabin, just so relaxing. Will be hard to downsize after this but really will miss that balcony! imho

The one big difference for me was the shower which is beside the tub in the Owners Suite. I did have trouble with the tub in the Grand Suite. It is what they call an European Soaking Tub. As I have some leg problems, I had to sit on the side and work my legs over. The same was true with getting out.

That said, any time they want to upgrade us to a Grand Suite we will jump at the chance!!!!!!!!!

Missmadge

The jacuzzi in the OS was great, really enjoyed it. Nice spa robes along with the slippers in the room, free bottle of water on day 1, nice fruit plate, goodies delivered every afternoon, room service from dining room, Chops or Portofino - received special menus and every day a new dinner menu. Eggs benedict in the room was divine and had on several mornings. Lunch menu different and good as well. Room steward first rate and so efficient. Private cocktail party with Capt pleasant but short, right before P/D/D+ repeaters party. Wish I was back on board already and just got off yesterday!

Hey Patti. Just wanted to say hi. Haven't talked to you in a while. Hope all is well up your way.:)

Gordon

Hi Gordon.........everything is fine up north, but it's getting cold.:D Hope you didn't have too much rain damage from all the weather issues the last couple of weeks down your way.

The jacuzzi in the OS was great, really enjoyed it. Nice spa robes along with the slippers in the room, free bottle of water on day 1, nice fruit plate, goodies delivered every afternoon, room service from dining room, Chops or Portofino - received special menus and every day a new dinner menu. Eggs benedict in the room was divine and had on several mornings. Lunch menu different and good as well. Room steward first rate and so efficient. Private cocktail party with Capt pleasant but short, right before P/D/D+ repeaters party. Wish I was back on board already and just got off yesterday!

You get all of that in a GS except for the jacuzzi.:) I know what you mean about being spoiled, though - we're unlikely to book an OS unless it's a killer deal (this was a DP upgrade), so I spent far more time than usual hiding out reading, lounging, enjoying room service.....

Not every OS has that extra bump out in the bedroom area. Radiance and Brilliance do, and it's at the expense of the balcony. RCI seems to have remedied that issue with Jewel and Serenade, the other 2 Radiance class ships, Voyager and Freedom class - they all have balconies that run the length of the cabin. So does Monarch and the Vision class ships.:)

The OS on both the VOS and EOS (Voyager class ships) have the bump out in the bedroom and, therefore, a smaller balcony. But still a great room!

Are you saying that you could get Chops or Portifino to do room service in your suite? That would be sweet!! What was the upcharge, if you can remember... Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

Are you saying that you could get Chops or Portifino to do room service in your suite? That would be sweet!! What was the upcharge, if you can remember... Thanks.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

No, you can't, at least not on Mariner (I agree that it would be very cool, indeed). But, if you are booked in a full suite, you can take your breakfast or lunch from the Windjammer to whichever specialty restaurant is designated (on Mariner, it was Chops) for suite passengers only. It was fabulous - they had waiters, beverage service, there was never a problem finding a table and it was QUIET (until I got there, anyway:o).

I don't know how Radiance handles that exclusive perk, since the specialty restaurants are 5 decks down from the WJ. But I'll find out in a week!:D

Not every OS has that extra bump out in the bedroom area.RCI seems to have remedied that issue with Jewel and Serenade, the other 2 Radiance class ships, Voyager and Freedom class - they all have balconies that run the length of the cabin. :)

Thanks Critterchick. The floor plans for Serenade on the website show the smaller balcony. This is great news. Huge price drop on my sailing let me try an OS this time.

Archived