Cartagena Old City

newsycruiser

We'll be stopping in Cartagena during a February cruise, and rather than book an organized excursion, I think we'll take a taxi and just walk around the Old City. I've been trying to get some idea of the size of that area. Can anyone give me some idea of the distance between the Main Gate, where we would be dropped off, to Las Bovedas which is on the opposite side? Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.

Was there Nov 08. When we got off the ship, just kept walking. Once out the gate, there were plenty of taxis. 4 of us hired a cab for $10.00 each. He drove us around town, and guided us on a walking tour of the old town. His English wasn't real good but satisfactory. All in all, a good tour definitely worth the price. Old town is very picturesque.Tour was about three hours as I recall.

Thanks so much for the info. Was the driver actually able to drive you around and stop within the Old City? We have some very definite walking limitations. Did you get any idea of the walking distance between let's say the main gates to Las Bovedas (the crafts area) which is on the opposite of the Old City? Thanks..................

We'll be stopping in Cartagena this coming February and would like to do a self-guided walking tour of the Old City is possible. Due to some physical limitations, we are concerned about the distances involved. Can anyone give me some idea of how far it is from the main gates over to Las Bovedas which is on the opposite side of the area? Thanks.............

Flower Child....Thanks for your response. I just re-read my posting, and perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I know it's too far to walk from the cruise pier to the Old City; I was asking about distances within the Old City itself. Any ideas??? Thanks..........

Archived