Low expectations - Enchantment

wdw_dave

Just got back from my 15th cruise sans kids on the Enchantment. My last couple of cruises were just average - so much so that I booked my next two with NCL and Princess - mostly due to RCCL pricing themselves out of the market. After my usual lurcking and watching quality go down the last few cruises I had expectations low. This was my 3rd time on EOS first right after launch and second right after stretch. All I can say is WOW - my faith has been restored and I learned after all these cruises how important the cruise director staff is - they were the best in all my cruises. I always thought the threads about what ship a CD was on was a bit overkill but now I understand.

On top of that the entertainers were top notch. My cabin attendant was one of the best. And the food was fantastic. Maybe it was trying MTD for the first time but my meals were exceptional. Chops was far better than I remembered Easilly as good as a Ruths Chris if not better.

All for about 85 pp per day. I only write this for the thousands of lurckers out there like me who might be second guessing cruising with RCCL. Might be good to continue to give them a shot.

Now if they would only get rid of the green carpet around the pool!!!!

Dave O.

Glad to hear your faith in RCCL has been restored. I love the Serenade, but was thinking about other lines. Then, I found a great B2B itinerary on the Serenade again, and am glad to hear that RCCL is trying to get back to customer service again. I am looking forward to sailing with them again.

We also sailed EOS in July for a quick 4 day getaway without the kids

and had a FANTASTIC time! Service was incredible in the MDR, food enjoyable, shows wonderful, QUEST was an absolute BLAST, thanks to Rico, I cried I laughed SO hard, the comedian Hank was a hoot, and the fellow CC passengers we met were awesome. I would go back on this ship

in a heartbeat!!!!!!!

We've sailed Enchanment three times this year. We have enjoyed it tremendously which is why we have done it three times. What made it special for us was the crew. We just love the disco party on the last night with the faux-Village People. We like the cruise director and the band at the Boleros the last cruise.

We are very sorry that Enchanment will not be sailing this itinerary after November. Grandeur will get this cruise. I am not so enthusiastic about that idea.

Folks had better book a cruise quick while the this gem is still available.

I agree too! Just got off the Enchantment myself and I have to say that this really is a great ship, with a fantastic crew and staff. Everything was great - from the entertainment, to the food, to the bars/lounges. Overall just an awesome experience on the Enchantment -- one of RCI's best!

We've sailed Enchanment three times this year. We have enjoyed it tremendously which is why we have done it three times. What made it special for us was the crew. We just love the disco party on the last night with the faux-Village People. We like the cruise director and the band at the Boleros the last cruise.

We are very sorry that Enchanment will not be sailing this itinerary after November. Grandeur will get this cruise. I am not so enthusiastic about that idea.

We've sailed both Enchantment and Grandeur. Your loss will be our gain. Enchantment will be coming to Baltimore next year, replacing Grandeur. RCCL evidently seas that the larger Enchantment will be more profitable in Maryland than Grandeur is.

If you love EN, will will also enjoy GR. She is the same, but a bit shorter, mostly noticed in a smaller pool deck area.

We will be happy to sail EN again, and please, give GR a try. You'll like her.

Rick and Deirdra

We've sailed both Enchantment and Grandeur. Your loss will be our gain. Enchantment will be coming to Baltimore next year, replacing Grandeur. RCCL evidently seas that the larger Enchantment will be more profitable in Maryland than Grandeur is.

If you love EN, will will also enjoy GR. She is the same, but a bit shorter, mostly noticed in a smaller pool deck area.

We will be happy to sail EN again, and please, give GR a try. You'll like her.

Rick and Deirdra

HeavySurf: Now that Grandeur has a "nightly Diamond event", you may like her more than you thought!

We too just got off Enchantment. Paul does a great job and his staff is excellent. I can see a CD place in store for Abel who is great as well. Enchantment is a great ship with a great crew and staff!!!! Cudos to them all!!!!:):D:)

We took some first time cruisers with us and they are now addicted to cruising - thank you Enchantment staff and crew!!!!

Archived