Just back from my first Carnival cruise

Rick Niles

I hope this is not too off topic, but which Carnival ships do you recommend for a diehard Princess fan? Which of their ships would avoid?

We have only cruised on the grand class Princess ships and would like a similar experience if we were to choose Carnival.

Thanks!

The Carnival Dream seems like a possible choice. Being a Carnival fan coming to Princess I wanted experience something different. I hate the same feel or look of any vacation. If you are diehard Princess fan then you found your cruising nitch, enjoy it;). A better medium might be RCCL with some of the fun factor of Carnival but the elegant feel and decor of Princess. The experience could be a wonderfully different.

Happy Cruising!

I personally like the Spirit Class ships the best, although they don't have an outdoor movie theater. The Freedom and the Liberty are a different class and they do have MUTS, although Carnival does not do as good of a job with this as Princess. I believe the Dream, (the new mega ship), has MUTS as well

I personally like the Spirit Class ships the best, although they don't have an outdoor movie theater. The Freedom and the Liberty are a different class and they do have MUTS, although Carnival does not do as good of a job with this as Princess. I believe the Dream, (the new mega ship), has MUTS as well

I would also recommend the Spirit class ships. The Pride has been my favorite Carnival ship by far!

We have just completed a Carnival Victory cruise a couple of weeks ago. The buffet was pretty blah, especially the bkfst. MDR dinners were good most of the time. Pizza's not as good as Princess. Bathrooms and showers were larger than on Princess, and we really enjoyed our showers, no curtains attacking us:D The beds on Carnival were great, we both slept like babies. The main pool on the Victory was really small. The shows and entertainment was ho hum, and there always seem to be lines for everything. The Caribbean Princess seemed alot more spacious, and very rarely any line ups. All in all, we always enjoy our cruise regardless of the ship, or cruise line, but do prefer the Princess cruises, and will be on the Caribbean Princess again, in Feb/10.

Our first Carnival cruise was on the Carnival Legend. As a result of that, we've been on a total of 5 Carnival cruises, all on the Spirit and Conquest class ships. We always felt the Crown to be very crowded wherever we went, especially in the bars. They took the Grand class ship, added another deck of cabins without expanding the common space. We could never get into the comedy shows. The Martini bar was hopeless. Never experienced this on Carnival or any of the other lines. We definitely gave the advantage to Carnival in the food department. Beds also go to Carnival. Twice we had category 11 wraparound balconies on Carnival which are the best of the cabins we've experienced except for the total lack of suite amenities. Carnival is definitely glitzy where Princess is elegant. As often said, there are more similarities than differences. Both give you your money's worth.

Archived