Beaches in Ensenada??

esbie11

• 2 weeks later...

The beaches in Ensenada are not easily accessible from the pier, and not that plentiful anyway since the waterfront in downtown Ensenada is industrial and fishing industry related. Lots of rocky bluffs too.

Also, the water is typical southern California water... kinda cold. There are beaches in Ensenada... I just don't know if any of the guides or taxis make much of taking people there because of the water temp, etc. I have never been to the beaches there either... so I don't know what it's like even if you do go there. The restaurants and facilities are near the pier... not the available beaches. (Unless someone has other particular information to the contrary.)

La Bufadora, "the blow hole" is interesting, but you will only look at the water. There are other tourist-related things to see and do there, but not water-related.

They will advertise a "beach party" excursion to Rosarito... about 45 minutes north. There the beaches are much nicer... wide and sandy... in central part of Rosarito, so you can also go do some "curios" shopping, walk around, etc.

If the weather is nice, you will enjoy a nice beach, in front of clubs where the beach boys will offer drinks, food, boogie boards, quads, etc. However, the water is still not as warm as farther south along the Mexican Riviera. Nice and clean... just not particularly warm. Kids go in the water anyway, and surfers use body suits.

There are some decent and/or fun restaurants in the area; if you want some recommendations, let me know. I live in Rosarito... so I never thought the beaches here were any thing extravagant... but compared to Ensenada, it's Malibu! :cool:

Suerte!

I've been visiting Ensenada and Baja Cal since 1972 and while it is a favorite I do not go there for the beaches. The closest nice beaches to the north are near Rosarito, a 45 min drive or taxi ride. To the south one would have to go well beyond a day trip (although these beaches are spectacular.) Forget La Bufadora - simply a schmaltzy trash strewn tourist trap with very aggressive dirt poor vendors. Alas, Ensenada tends to disappoint most cruisers.

Being experienced we do venture out in this port. We prefer to go to Puerto Nuevo and visit the original lobster restaraunt on the corner of the first avenue. Order the large deep fried ones with the rice beams & tortillas. You can hire a cab for about $75 for the day to take you there and back. Make sure you find a cabbie who knows exactly where to go. It's 45 min north. Afterwards you can visit the beach there and on a really good day it can be nice. The coastal overcast may last until noon turing to breezy cool conditions, rarely is it over 75F.

Archived