Thanksgiving Dinner at JFK

ken987

Hi,

I am sailing over the holiday. I have a 3 hour layover at JFK on Thanksgiving Day. I don't dare even ask if we can get a cab and go somewhere. So, I am stuck at having Thanksgiving Dinner at JFK. I'm sure I can get my DH to at least tram to a terminal...so ...what is the BEST restaurant in a Terminal at JFK..or at least within 5 minutes using a shuttle......We get into JFK at 4pm and fly out at 7pm for Miami...I would eat in Miami but we don't land until 10:50 supposedly. I'm just glad our friends in Ft Lauderdale are not having a cow about picking us up that late. LOL They are good friends indeed.

ken987: Thanksgiving Dinner at JFK

Hi,

I am sailing over the holiday. I have a 3 hour layover at JFK on Thanksgiving Day. I don't dare even ask if we can get a cab and go somewhere. So, I am stuck at having Thanksgiving Dinner at JFK. I'm sure I can get my DH to at least tram to a terminal...so ...what is the BEST restaurant in a Terminal at JFK..or at least within 5 minutes using a shuttle......We get into JFK at 4pm and fly out at 7pm for Miami...I would eat in Miami but we don't land until 10:50 supposedly. I'm just glad our friends in Ft Lauderdale are not having a cow about picking us up that late. LOL They are good friends indeed.

I wouldn't take a chance of leaving the terminal with only 3 hours at JFK. ESPECIALLY if it means going thru secutiry again!

I agree with 01Sweetpea. ;)

As long as you can go to another section/part of your terminal without going out and back through security, I would say fine.

If you have to leave your terminal and go out and back in through security again, don't do it. Stay where you are.

That is the most traveled day of the year and the lines could be very long to get back in.

I would stay right in your terminal and just make due with whatever you find. ;)

Jet Blue has a new terminal in JFK that has some great resturaunts(for an airport.). Having worked many a Thanksgiving we celebrate on any day close to the date that's convienent to all. Like previously posted it is a large volume of passengers with probably fewer numbers of airport workers so I wouldn't wander far. Wishing you a great cruise.:D:D

Hi,

If you can get to the Jet Blue terminal they have some great dining options.. http://www.jetblue.com/about/jfk/dining.html

I agree with 01Sweetpea. ;)

As long as you can go to another section/part of your terminal without going out and back through security, I would say fine.

If you have to leave your terminal and go out and back in through security again, don't do it. Stay where you are.

That is the most traveled day of the year and the lines could be very long to get back in.

I would stay right in your terminal and just make due with whatever you find. ;)

Actually the OP is flying on the actual holiday. The actual holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas are relatively lightly traveled. The actual busiest days are the Sundays afterwords (with a few exceptions when the holidays occur over the weekend).

After recently experiencing JFK for the first time, I would be leary about leaving the security zone. If you can get from one terminal to another without leaving the zone then 3 hours should be fine.

What Terminal? What airline?

In 2 (I believe) where all the Delta connection flights are there is a Todd English Bonfire restaurant. Very expensive but very good. Helps you forget you are in the airport.

Or, if you are flying Delta in Terminal 3 there is the executive lounge. You can pay a day membership $30.00 I believe we paid pp. No full meals but lots of free appetizers, snacks and desserts and the drinks were included so it was a really good deal and a relaxing and comfortable place to spend a long connection.

I would not go out of security.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I am a JetBlue Flight Attendant so I can vouch that T5 is worth the ride on the AirTrain to go visit (if you're not flying jetblue already that is :))

Honestly, its the best food in any American airport.

5steak is always a safe bet.

Even the food court/marketplace (If I can remember from the last time I worked Thanksgiving) always has pretty high quality thanksgiving dinner.

Archived