Freedom Sun King Any good?

maui34

I was on the Liberty 2 yrs ago and every night, 6-9 pm the place was empty. 3-4 tables of people. I usually sail NCL and all their pay restaurants were packed, every night. Is it worth $30pp ? On formal nights is the dress code the same? Thanks

We ate there last year. It was very good. We skipped it this year only because I am on Gluten free. and didn't want the hassle of ordering a day early. Had it all set up in dining room . There were 4 of us. All of us thought it was great. It was packed when we were there.

Yes, it was worth it IMO. Our last cruise on the Freedom was the first time we ate at one of the Supper Clubs, er I mean Steak Houses.

It's just a TON of food. Too much....we probably shouldn't have eaten the entire day just to prepare for our meal at the Sun King! :eek:

DH had the surf and turf and I had the Porterhouse (24 oz!) The food was delicious.

Anyway, would we do it again? Probably not....we really missed the MDR experience that night, and feel that the food in the MDR is almost as good.

I haven't been to the Supper Club on Carnival yet, but plan on trying it when I sail on the Freedom Nov. 1st. Prime aged beef. mmmm. :D

You're right that NCL's pay restaurants are usually pretty busy, but NCL's steakhouse was hardly ever busy (in my experiences). My guess is that it's because the other NCL restaurants are less expensive than the Steakhouse. People may be willing to pay $15 more/person, but may not want to pay $30 more/person which is the cost of the Carnival Supper Club.

I think it's worth a try once; if you don't think it's worth it, you don't eat there again.

Yes, it was worth it IMO. Our last cruise on the Freedom was the first time we ate at one of the Supper Clubs, er I mean Steak Houses.

It's just a TON of food. Too much....we probably shouldn't have eaten the entire day just to prepare for our meal at the Sun King! :eek:

DH had the surf and turf and I had the Porterhouse (24 oz!) The food was delicious.

Anyway, would we do it again? Probably not....we really missed the MDR experience that night, and feel that the food in the MDR is almost as good.

I like the supper club.

It's not packed on Carnival..which is one of the reason I think they changed the name; to avoid this type of conversation.

She: Honey do you want to 'supper club one night'.

He: Heck, no, a supper club sounds like another dress up night and we're getting food for free.

Change name to Steak House:

He: Oh...look they have a steak house!

She: Is it Steak and BJ night?

He: Oh...yeah...baby.

Archived