Port of Tampa Parking?

EdmondDantes

We will be driving from MCO to Tampa on the day of departure. How is the parking set up at the Port? Can I drop the wife & luggage by the ship & then park the car myself, or do we all need to trek through the parking lots to the terminal itself?

Trying to make this as easy as possible on the family.

Many thanks

The setup is very simple. There is a drive-thru area where you drop your luggage with the porters (make sure you have your luggage tags on the stuff you're going to check in); the family can get out of the car there. It is right in front of the entrance to the terminal. You then drive the car over to the parking garage, park, and walk back to the terminal. It's a very short walk, the garage is basically right across the street.

Alternatively, they have valet parking for a few more dollars a day. It's not worth it to me since it's such a short walk, but it's an option if you have mobility issues or just don't want to make the stroll.

One note - as you go into the drive-thru dropoff area, one of the lanes is dedicated for valet; just make sure you aren't in that lane if you want to self-park.

Archived