Hello Martha

Rotterdam

'Hola and Howdy, Rottie!

I know you are having a wonderful time.......surely wish Miss Vale and I were with you! How sweet of you to be thinking of us!

Oh Barbados.....seems I was just there a few days ago. Actually, it was Dec. 11th and 12th! 'Tempus Fugit.........'time and the tide stayeth for no man!

Have a continued wonderful, fun voyage!

Port Outbound Starboard Home, my friend! Safe and smooth seas!

Miss Martita B.

Well we are home, tanned & relaxed....we did have fun & found the Dawn quite interesting...we were pampared & I drank much too much Champagne(if you ever see video of me New Years eve - I will deny it...we were on the Balcony overlooking all the craziness(ok so I was doing a "lit" dance for about 3 hours!!!!!!!

I toasted both yourself & Miss Vale through out the cruise......I'll email you after I catch up on sleep.

Hugs to you Texas Gal!

Rottie~~~~so happy you had a great cruise~~~~and the timing was perfect! I've not cruised during New Year's, but am planning a nice voyage for 2005!

Tooooo much champagne? Not you, Rottie! And I know you didn't over indulge on the "culinary dee-lights!"

Happy resting~~~~

MB

I would imagine Seabourn would be wonderful on New Years. This cruise was so different...years ago I did New Years on smaller ships & it was wonderful(old Pacific Princess & old Statendam). Mind you I am not a fan of New Years Eve.....I just don't get it!(why we laugh, eat & drink well all year long & the dance...well....I can't wait to be onboard with you & Charlotte).

At one point we had the fridge full & 2 ice buckets filled with champagne bottles!!!!(my bf doesn't drink so I was left to make sure we did not waste any bubbles). I prefer dessert wines to pastry & the cheeses after dinner scream for some bubbly!!!!! Caesar salad on the balcony screamed for some bubbly...I started to scream for some bubbly!!!!!!

I actually lost weight...I always take the stairs(even at nite when I might have to crawl up or down them) since the stores were closed due to the New Years holiday I had to walk that much further to shop.

We did meet the Restaurant Manager(a delicious man from Croatia) & F&B Manager (an ex Seabourn man) & had some laughs with them.

Both you & Charlotte were correct about the Dawn & accordingly we did enjoy our 10 days. Best part - they cleared the ship @9:45, we were the first group off & were home in my apartment @ 10:25 A.M. A pot of tea & fresh warm croissants @ 11:00.

I would sail Dawn again if there is no other choice out of NYC in February. The 10 days is great. Maybe Miss Vale, you & I can bring back the Italian Line(or get Seabourn) to do this itinerary.

Now if I could just get the clothes back from the cleaners so I can pack again....

Champagne anyone??????

Hugs!

Rotty~~~~~sounds absolutley grand! And as to a flute of Champagne, quote my Father, "Yes please, just a timble!"

Perhaps in the near future we could plan and book a small voyage for you, Sweet, sweet Charlotte and Miss Martita out of New York.

I, too, always lose weight on a ship as I usually take the stairs.......

I watched the QE2 go thru' the Gatun Locks, Panama a few minutes ago......I thought of you. Click on "Patrick Senecal" web-cam........very interesting. The Seabourn Legend will go thru' the Miraflores Locks later this afternoon.

Am so happy you enjoyed the Dawn and now safe and sound enjoying NY.

Martita

Martha -

I had a nice conversation with Tessie this afternoon about a couple of cruises..I mentioned you & she said to say hello - she was delightful.....the Miss Marita....world famous(at least very popular in Miami!

Stay warm......

crazycruiseone~~~Herman is gravely ill in Germany. He disembarked the Pride Dec. 19th by ambulance for the hospital in Boca.......then flew to Germany the end of Dec. for treatments. We are all praying for a miracle.......keep him close to your heart. Please keep lifting him up......

Rotty......can you tell me the Food and Beverage Manager's name, on the NCL Dawn ship with whom you visited ? I know we've lost staff to Radisson and Cunard, but was unaware of NCL.......

Have been so busy making last minute preparations for "The Royal Affair" (in March)....received my invitations this week......Rotty, they would "choke a horse!" BOOK and please join us! Bring your black tux'tails! And your royal sash with plenty of medals! I'll place you in my receiving line at the "Royal Cocktail Reception!"

Happy Sailing to all!

MB

Funny, I was just ordering pirates' gear for a group of us for the 'gala' on the QM2 and wondered if I should get a tiara 'just in case'! You really know how to entertain and celebrate!

You are our own Pearl Mesta (some of the younger crowd may never have heard of her ;_( )

Jane in Philly

I am searching for the F& B directors card....his first name was Sean & I believe his surname was Weinhoeringer????? He said he worked with Seabourn then Cunard & with NCL or about 6 years.

The Restaurant managers name was Mirsad. I can't recall his surname - I am inundated with medicalstuff here & haven't gotten to the cruise "stuff".

Hope this helps.......xxxxoooo

Rotty

Hi Rotty and Ms. Martha B.,

The F&B Director is Sean Wurmhoeringer. You were close Rotty!

I heard a rumor the both he and Klaus Lugmeier (Hotel Director) will be going to the new NCL Jewel. Two very nice men.... Martha B. you would like them. A lot of fun!

Miss Vale

'Hola and Howdy, Miss Vale and Rotty~~~~

I can not remember these fellows......but then again, my 'ole mind is"goin'".....

It's not Allz-the-heimer's, just Some-of-the-heimer's......

Have been finalizing preparations for the big "Royal's Crossing" this weekend....(keeps me out of the pool halls, beer/dance cantina's, and the rodeo arena's!) So much yet to do! Then will UPS my "precious cargo" cardboard box's to Ft. Lauderdale. Surely wish you both could see the faces of the new Seabourn Sailor's when I walk in the Cruise Terminal carrying my box's with the silver duct tape handles! Some, I've noticed have a "look of horror" on their 'lit cruisin' faces! If they only knew......I guess I really should write, in red, "Pride Gala Party Favors" on the box's.......

Hope both of you are enjoying your weekend......I think of you so very often!

Always, P. O. S. H.

Miss M.

Charlotte - thanks for the assist on the names(of course a Vale would always know). The Restaurant Manager (Mirsad) will also be going over to the Jewel(he too was very funny & Sean & he are a Mutt & Jeff team). Mirsad is from Croatia & handsome & interesting!!!!!!

Oh you'll be fine Miss M. You know in some circles your message in red is very common(think Gay Pride day)!!!!! I bet there are few passengers saying - My what an attractive lesbian ...she's throwing a gala onboard".

So dear ladies I raise my brandy glass to you both - stay warm & beautiful dreams.....

Rotty

Rotty~~~~Good Morning to you!

As our dear, dear friend H.D. is still in Europe and gravely ill, we are all trying so very hard to keep our "hopes and spirits UP".......

I hope I didn't sound flippant or sound like I was lacking in seriousiness yesterday.....HD has been a huge part in my planning of our Crossing gala. He has so helped me in every way in the decisions and in the party preparations.

I'm trying to find the courage to face tomorrow and the days coming, in the love that is surrounding me today.

As you know there are a number of us that are very close......we will ride out this storm together.

Please keep him close to your heart.

MB

As I do not know your friend & can only imagine the distress for all of you at this time -please know you are all in my thoughts & prayers and certainly no apologies are necessary.

Just imagine being back onboad Seabourn with your friend, doing what you are so good at - Living well.

We both have LIVED.....and we know the spectrum.

Certainly Miss Vale could teach us a few things.

Hugs to you Ms. Seabourn.

Rotty~~~thank you Sweet Prince for your encouraging words......Yes, for a number of us, so very close to our HD, we feel anguish and helplessness. HD was the "Renaissance man" that clued me into sippin' the Ocean Liner bouillon in the Constellation Lounge at 11 a.m. We would meet almost every morning in the "fish-bowl" banquette to the right of the room........he would be waiting for me, looking like a movie star! Always the same question, "How was your night, my Dear?" After a kiss on each cheek, we would start planning the "happenings" for that day! "One by one" our ship buddies would file in......wanting to know what HD and I had planned for them! AND we never disappointed them! Always sumptin' exciting and fun......how we could "dream up those schemes" is a mystery to me. It was a birthday party, or a special themed luncheon, or a gala dinner, dining on "Osso Bucco and Tiramisu!" HD ordered EVERY course, EVERY night....... while most of us, at our table would only order three courses. Waiting on HD was always a pleasure.

Sailor's, if you've been hesitant about booking.......do not tarry! Book that voyage!

"later doesn't always come for everybody......."

Martita

Martha - usually 6 weeks before a cruise I get in gear & start planning...how about you???? Your crossing is almost here. I know your Gala is well on its way to being another infamous...er I mean famous evening onboard.

The clothes, the jewelry, the door stops......

Stay warm love!

Rotty~~~~Yes, our March Crossing is fast approaching! I am "dottin' i's and crossing t's" as we speak! Invitations here, table decorations ready, party favors secured in their tiny gold box's. (I had a company design and make "Royal" pins. They are in the shape of the Seabourn shield logo, in navy enamel, with "A ROYAL" in gold lettering~~~quite handsome) Our dance cards are quite fashionable. My ball gown, the black velvet sash with oddles of medals and badges, the "stars" diamond tiara, Cinderella dancin' slippers, etc., etc. ALL ready to be "shipped" in the cardboard box's for boarding!

All of us are experiencing sorrow that our "Mr. Seabourn" will not be with us.....

However, our evening will be honoring him.

Thank you for your post.......thank you for your support and encouragement!

Miss M.

Archived