Seabourne Spirit..........

Terrene44

There is a thread titled "Seabourn vs. Regent -- need your opinions" further down on this board. You might want to check it out.

I have only 2 data points. Others will have a lot more experience. I sailed the Seabourn Spirit from Istanbul to Venice in October, 2008 and the Regent Voyager from Copenhagen to Stockholm in August, 2009.

The food & service on Seabourn far, far exceeded Regent. While everybody has at least one good meal on Regent, both food & service seem inconsistent on all the Regent ships. We did not have one experience less than outstanding on Seabourn.

I thought our suites were equivalent on both ships.

In terms of hardware, the big differences between Regent & any of the smaller Seabourn ships are the size of the ship and the availability of balconies.

I personally preferred the more intimate size of the Spirit. A friend who traveled with us and whose opinions I respect preferred the feel of the larger Voyager and it's public rooms.

Lots of people reject the small Seabourn ships because of the lack of a real balcony. We had a balcony on our Baltic cruise on the Voyager. We spent less than 5 minutes on it even though the weather was perfect. That was partly due to the port intensive itinerary and the industrial port where we spent 3 days in St. Petersburg. We had a "faux" balcony on the Spirit. We had the sliding door open a lot & enjoyed it. I did not miss the opportunity to sit on the balcony. I was happy sitting by the Sky Bar.

I am not qualified to comment on the entertainment differences since we don't do the shows.

I don't think there is a single best choice that fits everybody.

I would cruise Regent again only if it had an itinerary I wanted that was not offered by Seabourn and/or if the price for Regent was significantly less than Seabourn.

:DI have sailed on both lines, after being assured by an TA that Regent was as good as an experience as Seabourn, well the TA lied! Yes regent is a very nice line,but it could never be Seabourn, theres just too much attention to detail,fantastic food,high quality amenties and fantastic service, none of which was anywhere near as good on Regent!

Regent was nice,but only again if the itinerary is not available through Seabourn/Silversea or Sea dream, and that is highly unlikely!

Archived