Offical Photos from the sea trials

GregD

Three things that struck me...

1- Why on some photos all the lifeboats are present, others only one? The photos were supposedly taken the same day. Hmm...

2- Is that Flowrider positioned awfully close to the edge of the deck? I'm just saying one slip-up and you will get the ultimate flowride right off the back of the ship.

3- That entire ship needs a coat paint!! Can they pull that off in a month?

BTW, I am using the media images to blow-up to see detail -

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/downloadable-images.php?id=SEA-TRIALS

What say you?

Craig

JAN 2 2010

loved them. could easily see the placement of the 2 flowriders on the back. Will the rockwall be on the smoke stack between them (in which case it seems it has not been erected yet)? I can sure see the 80% balconies in these pics!

There are 2 rockwalls, either side of the broadwalk, alongside the Aqua View Suites, and just before the inside balconies start.

I've also been keeping a gallery of the official photo's on my website too:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5338302_vJV7R

Most of the photo's still have their original "EXIF" data which usually will tell you the camera the photo was taken with, the settings and exact time and date they photo's were taken (of course if the camera's clock is set correctly hehe).

I just noticed a major difference from the renderings to the final ship. If you look at the rendering the Boardwalk seemed to have a huge open view of the sky near the rear of the ship:

326307736_agGKo-L.jpg

But in the Sea Trials photo you can see that entire area is very closed in by the suites on the rear of the ship... interesting.....

579864923_ZP2FM-L.jpg

Whoops... nevermind, Looks like it was just a bad angle:

579865419_t72ak-L.jpg

3- That entire ship needs a coat paint!! Can they pull that off in a month?

BTW, I am using the media images to blow-up to see detail -

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/downloadable-images.php?id=SEA-TRIALS

What say you?

Craig

JAN 2 2010

This photo which I think you're probably commenting on was taken on June 8th 2009.... more than enough time to have the ship ready:

579864923_ZP2FM-L.jpg

All the information (aka EXIF) on the photo can be seen here: http://www.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=579864923&ImageKey=ZP2FM

From the blog pictures it looks as though Oasis of the Seas has been completely painted, the RCCL badge has been put on, the life boats are on and it is ready to sail!

Well this will be her last time heading to sea before the handover. I would guess they want it to be as close to the final product to make sure all their bases are covered.

Well this will be her last time heading to sea before the handover. I would guess they want it to be as close to the final product to make sure all their bases are covered.

From what I heard ..they are hoping it will be the last sea trial...all depends on how this sea trial go.

As it stands at the moment the schedule I just recieved with regard to handover etc is-

28th October – Oasis signed over to RCCL

30th October – Oasis leaves the yard

12th November – Oasis arrives in FLL

I just noticed a major difference from the renderings to the final ship. If you look at the rendering the Boardwalk seemed to have a huge open view of the sky near the rear of the ship:

326307736_agGKo-L.jpg

I've never seen this rendering before! :eek: This rendering looks really festive! :D

I've never seen this rendering before! :eek: This rendering looks really festive! :D

I think this rendering was released with the huge bulk release showing off the main neighborhoods. IDK, there were so many of them that day.

yup its an aqua suite. lower levels on the port side.

The second pic looks like an Owner's Suite and the first is definitely an Aqua Suite.

Yes the first one is of an Aqua Suite. The second one is an Owners Suite. Sorry folks about that.

Thanks for posting the link. It looks very impressive. Is anyone else concerned about the size? That is a lot of people. I want to give this ship a try, but not sure if I want to be on a ship of this size.

I thought that before sailing on the Liberty oF the Seas. I ended up finding that the Liberty never felt crowded, I never once got lost on the ship, and I found the service to be quite personal. I'm hoping Oasis will be the same. :)

Archived