Excursions

owtrspace

I logged into Regent today to view my cruise and it shows availability to book excursions already (sailing 3/29/10 - 11 nights). Could this be? I want to make sure that if it is allowing me to book, I actually will be confirmed.

Also, how does it work to book multiple excursions in one port? It says to be sure that there is 1 hour between excursions, but there are no times given, just the length of each tour....

There is so much to choose from... YIKES!

I was under the impression that excursions are not available to be booked until 120 days prior to the cruise. Gee, your excursions have appeared really early BUT then again, with no times given, it would be very difficult to choose, well, at least it would be for me!

I was under the impression that excursions are not available to be booked until 120 days prior to the cruise. Gee, your excursions have appeared really early BUT then again, with no times given, it would be very difficult to choose, well, at least it would be for me!

you better book now or you could be locked out if the excursions fill up. This happened to us on the syd-akl cruise on 11/18-RSSC said the excursions would post 120 days out but they really posted 160 days out. I checked @ 155 days out and 3 of the excursions we wanted were already full! Rssc said they were "sorry' and put us on the wait list and so far we've cleared one.

Ours were also available very early for our Rio-FLL cruise in December. So go ahead and book as much as you can, as soon as you can. And don't hesitate to phone and ask about excursions that might collide. Odd that they don't have the times, ours were listed from the start.

Our excursions for the 2/19/10 cruise went up last week. We booked the ones we wanted, and then today, both excursions we booked for costa maya were just...gone. They were booked when I checked yesterday, and then today it said for that port "no excursions booked". And the ones that were there really did not appeal to me. But, knowing how the website is, I'll just bide my time, and maybe they'll appear again.:confused:

OK, so let's say you book the shore excursions online approx. 120 (or more) days ahead of your cruise, and some of the excursions you want have an additional charge? How do you use your shipboard credit (gift from travel agent) to pay for your shore excursions if you are booking them online ahead of time?

Truthfully, with all the drinks and tips included in the fare, I don't know how we could spend the shipboard credit!

Thanks!

So I booked a bunch of excursions. Since the times are not listed, it will only let me book one per port (for now). Once the times are released (Regent said at 120 days), it may allow me to book additional excursions should the time in port warrant it.

I called Regent to confirm the excursions and they do show booked, which is great! As for paying for a Regent's Choice excursion, they said it must be done with a credit card if you want to book it this far out. The only way to utilize OBC for an excursion is by booking it on board, but the risk then is it might be unavailable.

For one port (St. Barts), I might just wait because I wanted to do the rental car, which I may be able to do onboard. If not, I have a back up reservation made on shore (no prepaid deposit or CC required for booking).

One can always use OBC for a nice bottle of wine, spa services or some other splurge :)

OK, so let's say you book the shore excursions online approx. 120 (or more) days ahead of your cruise, and some of the excursions you want have an additional charge? How do you use your shipboard credit (gift from travel agent) to pay for your shore excursions if you are booking them online ahead of time?

Truthfully, with all the drinks and tips included in the fare, I don't know how we could spend the shipboard credit!

Thanks!

if your excursion has a cost and you paid for it when you get on board see if it's available and you can cancel then rebook w/your OBC. there's a couple of threads on this

Archived