Lobster on fos main dining room special request

MICHLEV1974

Forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere, however, I haven't been able to locate.

Can you please let me know if it is possible to ask for Lobster in the MDR a few nights in advance after we board? We have friends who are first time cruisers going with us that are under the impression they can arrange to have lobster as a special request for dinner a few nights that week.

I know that we have arranged to have BBQ ribs for by DS in the past, and we had to ask the night before to have it prepared for the following few nights and it was no problem at all.

Has anyone tried this? Specifically for the lobster. They are not interested in special requesting any other food item.

We are on FOS, FEB 14, 2010, and we have First Seating, and aware we will tip a little extra for these requests.

Thanks for all your responses!

No, it would cause chaos in the dining room if everyone could special order such things like lobster. You need to tell them the reality and let them know this is not possible. The ribs are so much different then what you are asking.

Sorry, but I was under the impression lobster had been cut from the menu fleet-wide, so will be surprised if this can be done. There was no lobster whatsoever on the Brilliance in August

No, lobster is still on most sailings 7 days and over but NOT in Europe as it is too hard to obtain.

No, lobster is still on most sailings 7 days and over but NOT in Europe as it is too hard to obtain.

OK, but I didn't miss it anyway, the lobster tails we had before were overrated (Liberty)

however, the food on the Brilliance as terrific all round :)

Yikes, I guess they will just have to suffer like the rest of us and pick from the other 3,000 food choices offerred on the ship.

We are 7nts on the FOS, if that makes a difference in your posts.

If you want lobster before the lobster night in the dining room then go to Portofino and order the seafood skewer.

FYI....if your friends are also from RI and or New England area, the lobster they serve on the ship is NOT the same lobster we are use to eating here. They serve previously frozen warm water lobster tails, NOT Maine or Cape Cod cold water lobsters. There is a BIG difference!

The chuck of lobster on the Seafood skewer at Portofino is Maine Lobster...:)

Have a great cruise!

FYI....if your friends are also from RI and or New England area, the lobster they serve on the ship is NOT the same lobster we are use to eating here. They serve previously frozen warm water lobster tails, NOT Maine or Cape Cod cold water lobsters. There is a BIG difference!

bummer...for them anyway...I am going to Chops and Porto for the first time and have sailed on 4 cruises and managed to avoid them (thinking they were ridiculous to charge us for food when there is plenty of freebies everywhere else--crazy mentality, I know). I am really looking forward to trying them both. We opted to forgoe the formal nights and excursions. We are really going to stay onboard and enjoy ALL the ship has to offer this time. I am thinking this is why many folks cruise on the same ship multiple times--they are cruising for the ship, not the ports.

The first time cruisers aren't trying it out the specialty restaurants; having the same mentality that I had, I understand. I will let them know how excellent my lobster was for the extra $$....lol j/kidding, i am a smart-a$$. Hard to convey that on a message board.

Thanks again for chiming in!

Archived