NCL Pride of America, Cabin for 3

keishashadow

Im rethinking my thoughts of booking a balcony cabin on POA.

Attempting to finalize a date & after reading posts have come to conclusion that since it's such a port-intensive cruise (and the sail by the volcanos is so late i may miss it if not adjusted to time change:o) we may want to bump down to either OV or inside cabin & enjoy another day in Hawaii pre cruise.

Unfortunately, Im not familiary with the type of cabins on the ship. Know our only other sailing with them was the Star in what they termed a 'mini-suite'...same basic layout as balconies on other lines imo.

The balconies on the POA seem to be more along the lines of what i expect on Carnival, so it was my first choice; now that im considering OV or IS not sure if they will accommodate our needs.

I will have 3 in my party, with teenager being #3. I have promised him no rollaway cot;). A sofabed (which i believe is only in certain balconies & up) or a berth (he's well under 200 pds) would work.

Is there a website anywhere that indicates the actual sleeping arrangements in the cabins or do i need to call NCL.

My family sailed on the POA with 3 of us in the cabin. It was our first balcony. I wouldn't give up that balcony for *anything*! It was wonderful! You were able to sit and enjoy watching the lava flow etc. The sofa pulled out for the 3rd person.

PofA's balconies are only 136 sq ft in size, so be sure to pick one with a big balcony to compensate (on the stern, or very far forward. Look at the deck plans to see which are larger).

There are some G category ocean views deck 7 with French windows (but by the life boats) that are 145 sq ft if you give up your balcony.

an ocean view or inside marked for "3" will have a swing-down wall-mounted pullman bunk bed for the third bed.

thanx for the info! DS insists that the wall type berths are more comfy than the sofabeds on the ships we've sailed, i have no 1st hand knowledge;)

im thinking my hubby will push for the balcony, it's hard to think about going back to not having one to enjoy, if only for that morning cup of coffee.

thanx for the info! DS insists that the wall type berths are more comfy than the sofabeds on the ships we've sailed, i have no 1st hand knowledge;)

im thinking my hubby will push for the balcony, it's hard to think about going back to not having one to enjoy, if only for that morning cup of coffee.

My opinion is that a balcony, regardless of size, is your refuge from the maddening crowds, so to speak.

First thing in the moring, (even ii you are still in your bedclothes), late in the afternoon, and even late at night, you have your "own" personal space.

I would go with a balcony, everytime, if you can swing it.

it's a tuff call;)guess i'll wait to see what's offered during the CLIA sale later this month & decide then.

i keep thinking back to alaskan cruise this summer. We were asleep many nights by 10 pm:otime difference & all; figure it'll be the same thing in Hawaii.:confused: Didn't use the balcony much that trip, although that was more due to fact that we got cold even wrapped in fleece blankets when hanging out...mostly just sat inside & enjoyed the view.

• 2 weeks later...

woo-hoo

'tentatively' booked for next summer in aft balcony:D

got phone call today from NCL indicating they were offering same as TAs did for the CLIA sale:

*1/2 off down payment

&

*$75 OBC for balcony

Now if DH's employer will get on the ball confirming his vacation weeks, we'll be okay

Archived