Anyone been on Blue Melody or Black Pearl?

chamima

I know that Arubalisa mentioned these two as alternatives to Tranquilo but wanted to know if anyone has had any experiences with either of these.

Thanks

We went with a cruise critic group that met through the roll call last November on the Blue Melody for a sunset sail and snorkel. Well worth the money and we had a great time - the snorkel did not go to the "wreck," don't know if they would take you there if requested.

If your ship is in Aruba late into the evening, then a sunset sail is definately worth taking. And, as you don't leave until later in the day, there is time to use public transport after wandering around town.

I understand that Blue Melody is now in dry dock, but the same folks own Black Pearl and are using her now. Here's their website.http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

DW and I will be in Aruba again next month, I was all set to try to put together a group for Black Pearl, but anither roll call member was setting something up on another boat. We arranged a bus, through Wix Tours to take us to the pier rather than have to get a bunch of taxis after rushing off the ship.

We went with a cruise critic group that met through the roll call last November on the Blue Melody for a sunset sail and snorkel. Well worth the money and we had a great time - the snorkel did not go to the "wreck," don't know if they would take you there if requested.

If your ship is in Aruba late into the evening, then a sunset sail is definately worth taking. And, as you don't leave until later in the day, there is time to use public transport after wandering around town.

I understand that Blue Melody is now in dry dock, but the same folks own Black Pearl and are using her now. Here's their website.http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

DW and I will be in Aruba again next month, I was all set to try to put together a group for Black Pearl, but anither roll call member was setting something up on another boat. We arranged a bus, through Wix Tours to take us to the pier rather than have to get a bunch of taxis after rushing off the ship.

Thanks

We are in Aruba from 8am to 5pm so are looking at a day sail/snorkel. I just wanted to make sure someone had a good experience. I'll get in touch with them.

• 3 years later...

I found this really old thread but am interested in info on Black Pearl. Has anyone been on Black Pearl more recently that can give us a review? Considering a sunset sail but happy to hear about any trip you may have done with them. Also, if you have info on getting there and back to cruise pier please share that also.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We were on the Black Pearl this past March for their snorkeling sunset cruise. We had 2 stops for snorkeling not too far from shore but with lots of fish to see. Drinks are provided, including their delicious 'punch'. After snorkeling is done the grilled cheese sandwiches are provided with oh so yummy Dutch Gouda cheese. You sail back with the sunset. Unfortunately it was cloudy that day but the sun did peek out for a quick sunset photo.

The crew is very personable and helpful. A starfish was brought on board for all to see since not everyone snorkeled. They also remember your name, which is nice. The captain sailed the Black Pearl from the Netherlands to Aruba so you are in good hands. They film the trip and post it so you can look at it later although I never found our trip.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

Edit: We took a taxi from the beach and shared one with a fellow passenger on the way back to the ship.

We were on the Black Pearl this past March for their snorkeling sunset cruise. We had 2 stops for snorkeling not too far from shore but with lots of fish to see. Drinks are provided, including their delicious 'punch'. After snorkeling is done the grilled cheese sandwiches are provided with oh so yummy Dutch Gouda cheese. You sail back with the sunset. Unfortunately it was cloudy that day but the sun did peek out for a quick sunset photo.

The crew is very personable and helpful. A starfish was brought on board for all to see since not everyone snorkeled. They also remember your name, which is nice. The captain sailed the Black Pearl from the Netherlands to Aruba so you are in good hands. They film the trip and post it so you can look at it later although I never found our trip.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

Edit: We took a taxi from the beach and shared one with a fellow passenger on the way back to the ship.

Thanks for info!

• 1 month later...

Taxi fares are regulated by the government and permit a maximum of 5 people per taxi.

Taxi fare from the cruise terminal in Oranjestad to the High rise, Palm Beach area where the Pearl departs from is $11 each way. That is per ride, not per person.

There is also an additional $3 charge each way on Sundays and holidays.

Taxi fares are regulated by the government and permit a maximum of 5 people per taxi.

Taxi fare from the cruise terminal in Oranjestad to the High rise, Palm Beach area where the Pearl departs from is $11 each way. That is per ride, not per person.

There is also an additional $3 charge each way on Sundays and holidays.

Thanks!!!

Archived