How Much Time Should We Spend Pre-Cruise in Montreal?

MalibuCA

We are on the Crystal Symphony departing Montreal on September 30, 2010. We have never been to Montreal, and we want to spend some time there pre-cruise. The ship is in Montreal overnight when we board, but I know that part of the embarkation day will be spent "embarking" and getting settled on the ship, not sightseeing. Therefore, I figure that we will need an additional day or more in Montreal to enjoy the city.

How many days total should we spend in Montreal in order to properly see the city?

What are the "must sees?"

Should we arrange for a private guide and driver, or can we visit all of the important sites easily by using taxis and our feet? If we should have a private guide (which we much prefer over large organized tours), can you recommend a great guide for us to contact?

Thanks!

Shelley:p

Good questions Shelley, I have the same ones.........we will be on the SilverSea Whisper next Sept. 24, and we also want to spend extra time in Montreal. Never been to French Canada, and I know it is a beautiful part of the country, especially in the Fall.......our ship does spend a day in port, and I am sure will offer excursions, but our thought was to go two or three days early to explore on our own.....

Hope we get some good info!

Glenda

Archived