Driving from Montreal to Quebec City Cruise Port

SF

We will be driving from Montreal to Quebec City to catch a cruise. I know it is about a 3 hour drive but I would like to know if there are any places along the highway where we can stop for coffee and a light breakfast? We are taking the most direct route (highway) and not the scenic route.

Thanks in advance.

Lots of places! You can see some from the highway before the exits. There are also signs before each exit with the logos for chain restaurants at the exit. You can look for some American chains, such as McDonald's. There are Canadian chains such as Tim Horton's (great for coffee and they have quick breakfasts). There are also some Quebec chains, but I am drawing a blank on ones that would be good for breakfast.

Another piece of advice. Take the route 40 from Montreal which goes on the north shore of the St. Lawrence river. It has much less traffic than the route 20 and I think it is a bit easier for getting into Quebec. Get a good map or GPS. If you don't have GPS, go to Google maps and work out your route and get it to show you restaurants.

Thank you maryann,

Appreciate all the information. Yes, we will have a GPS with us but wanted to find out ahead of time about restaurants. I will Googlemap it now and see if it puts restaurants on the route. Thanks for the "heads up" on route 40, I think that was the one we were going with. Besides the GPS I also printed out the directions.

If you want a real nice breakfast, clean restaurant and all

there is a chain called Cora and another called Tutti Fruitti

they have great breakfasts, that is there specialty,

another pretty good one for breakfasts is Normandin, or Mikes.

all of the above are in pretty well any large city of 20,000 people or more

and usually very close to the Highway 20.

there are some in Saint Hyacinthe, or Drummondville not far from the 20 highway.

The 40 takes quite a bit longer than the 20,

Its easy getting into Quebec on either one, IMO

Archived