Recommendations for Limo/Car Service

beastiemom

My three kids and I will be landing at the Miami airport on a Fri. evening for a Sat. RCCL cruise. We are booked at the Mariott Renissance right near Port Everglades. I may have to meet my husband in Ft. Lauderdale, so I am trying to figure out the best transportation from Miami to the Mariott. I am debating about whether just to rent a car (is there a National rental return at the port?) or taking a shuttle or Limo service. Any one have any recommendations and approximate prices?

FYI-We are flying into Miami because we have FF tickets and can't get into FLL without burning substantially more miles, so don't suggest flying into FLL. Also I will probably need 1 car seat for my six year old-correct?

Depending on how late, I don't know about trying to get from Miami to Fort Lauderdale at night with children in a rental car.

Look around, this board has some good info on local ground transportation.

On rental cars I've frequently picked up in Fll and dropped off in MIA and vice versa - but lately those rates seem to be higher. There are also som links on this board with great info on rental discounts.

Good luck.

LOL - I started my response it was on the RCCL board. After posting I noticed I was on the Florida Departures board :confused: so I got back in quickly and took out my remarks about coming over here for better info.

Went back over to the RCCL board and saw where the topic had been moved. It just doesn't take much to confuse me these days. :o

My three kids and I will be landing at the Miami airport on a Fri. evening for a Sat. RCCL cruise. We are booked at the Mariott Renissance right near Port Everglades. I may have to meet my husband in Ft. Lauderdale, so I am trying to figure out the best transportation from Miami to the Mariott. I am debating about whether just to rent a car (is there a National rental return at the port?) or taking a shuttle or Limo service. Any one have any recommendations and approximate prices?

FYI-We are flying into Miami because we have FF tickets and can't get into FLL without burning substantially more miles, so don't suggest flying into FLL. Also I will probably need 1 car seat for my six year old-correct?

Not for a 6 y/o... FL car seat laws... http://sheriff.org/safety/carseat.cfm

I would just rent a car myself. It's very easy to get from MIA to Ft Lauderdale. The rental car return for Port Everglades is at FLL (the airport and port are adjacent). When you return a car at the airport "Car Rental Center" (big parking garage across from Terminal 1) they will shuttle you to the port.

Alternatively you could take a shuttle to the Renaissance and when your husband arrives just have him take a taxi. A taxi from FLL to the Renaissance is very cheap. If you want a shuttle from MIA the easiest is Super Shuttle... http://www.supershuttle.com/Miami_airport_shuttle.aspx

Not for a 6 y/o... FL car seat laws... http://sheriff.org/safety/carseat.cfm

I would just rent a car myself. It's very easy to get from MIA to Ft Lauderdale. The rental car return for Port Everglades is at FLL (the airport and port are adjacent). When you return a car at the airport "Car Rental Center" (big parking garage across from Terminal 1) they will shuttle you to the port.

Alternatively you could take a shuttle to the Renaissance and when your husband arrives just have him take a taxi. A taxi from FLL to the Renaissance is very cheap. If you want a shuttle from MIA the easiest is Super Shuttle... http://www.supershuttle.com/Miami_airport_shuttle.aspx

Re: car seat laws, i clicked on the link, and I'm confused. Does it mean that a 4 year old over 40 lbs. can be in a seat belt only, no booster seat (legally)?

Re: car seat laws, i clicked on the link, and I'm confused. Does it mean that a 4 year old over 40 lbs. can be in a seat belt only, no booster seat (legally)?

Children from approximately 40-80 pounds and under 4'9" in height should ride in a booster seat.

4-5 years old under 80 pounds, and under 4'9" still need a booster seat.

Archived