Can you request table size and tablemates?

kooljamming

I never thought this was possible but clearly could be wrong.

Can you request along with table size a particular group you would like to sit with or around or NOT be around? Can you request certain distance away from them like a restraining order:eek: I thought this was luck of the draw. Of course changes can be made if problems pop up.

Thanks!

You can request a table size.

If you know the booking number of the people you want to sit with each evening, make sure your booking is cross referenced with theirs which will insure that you are all at the same table.

The only way to sit away from someone is to ask the MD to find another table for you.

You can request a table size.

If you know the booking number of the people you want to sit with each evening, make sure your booking is cross referenced with theirs which will insure that you are all at the same table.

The only way to sit away from someone is to ask the MD to find another table for you.

This has been our experience as well.

Mike:)

You can request table size, but our experience is that we seldom get what we ask for (e.g. ask to be sat at table for 8, get table for 6, or 4).

The only option that I know of for not sitting near to somebody is to change tables. We've had to do that on several cruises - once for doctor/patient confidentiality where the doctor was very careful about maintaining separation between professional and personal engagement. I am sure if you know of a situation beforehand, like the restraining order, you or your TA can relate the special requirement and Princess will do everything they can, as it is in their best interest to avoid the possibility of unpleasant incidents.

The only time I've sailed with a TA's group was on HAL and they put us at a separate table away from the group for an unknown reason.

We have just come off of Dawn Princess and I requested a table for two in traditional second sitting (traditional was all that was on offer on this world cruise sector). Joy of joys, that is just what we got. We loved it. We like talking to lots of people on the ship at breakfast and lunch and in the bars and venues but we always much prefer to dine alone. We did, in fact, have a very nice couple at the adjoining table for two (separated by a glass partition) and we always had a little conversation with them when we sat down or left the table - it was ideal and we got through our meals so much more quickly than having to wait for a large table to be served:D

You can request a table size and probably request no children but that's as far as it usually gets. I usually travel with 3 other couples and we always ask to be seated together and it has always been granted.

I never thought this was possible but clearly could be wrong.

Can you request along with table size a particular group you would like to sit with or around or NOT be around? Can you request certain distance away from them like a restraining order:eek: I thought this was luck of the draw. Of course changes can be made if problems pop up.

Thanks!

May I ask what makes you ask such a question? Perhaps you know there are some people who will be on the ship that you do not want to see.... but humor me as I find that a weird question. I'd choose that option if my MIL were sailing with us!;)

Happy sails :)

Archived