Just off the Spirit, Boston to Quebec?

LindaKE

If you just completed NCL's new Canada / New England itinerary, Boston to Quebec, please give us a report. Did you like the ports? What did you do at each port? I'm especially curious about La Baie. How was the weather? Were the leaves turning yet? How was everything? We leave in a week, and can't wait!

Linda, Look at the thread a little earlier about SNOW on a cruise ship. Can it snow up there in mid-October???

It might snow, but right now the extended forcasts don't show any. They do, however, predict that it will be cold when we get farther north with periods of rain out of La Baie.

I'm particularly asking for reports on the specific NCL Spirit cruise that we'll be on next week. It's new this year, so the group that just debarked must be the first to experience it.

Hello Linda,

I live in Quebec City and I'm quit familiar with Saguenay and La Baie. I look at the excursions and I have to tell you that La Baie is all about nature. I would go visit Saguenay National Park or Ste-Rose du Nord who is trully beautiful. Please don't go to Val Jalbert or visit Chicoutimi, nothing special there.

About Quebec, there a lot of thing to do here but if this is your first time visiting us, I would simply go walking in the old town and eat a one of the restaurants of the area. Many of them are very good. Bring you camera, you will need it.

Yes the foliage has turned colour but just begun. I guess you will be lucky because the colour mixes will be probably at it peak next week.

We had a lot of light rain these days. Hopefully the sun will come up when you will visit us.

If you need more info, just ask,

Isabelle

Thanks Isabelle for the foliage update. I had been hearing that it was just starting in New England, so feared that it would be gone by the time we get to Canada, which is most of the cruise.

In La Baie we're doing The Best of Sanguenay by Land and Sea that cruises to the National Forest before returning to ship over land. That sounded like the best way to see the beautiful scenery.

Then we're staying overnight in Quebec. The only thing we want to see other than Old Town is Montmorency Falls, so we're planning a quick trip out there as soon as we debark, then drop our luggage at the hotel and go out to see as much as we can in Old Town.

I feel like a little child waiting for Christmas. I can hardly wait!

Archived