Dream Aft Wrap Deck 8

w8ing2cruz

I can't seem to find the thread where these cabins were being discussed. Did we ever get an answer from Carnival?

Nope...nothing yet :o.

I did drop my CVS another email asking if there was any news :confused:. Will post an update on the original thread - as soon as I hear anything.

I can't seem to find the thread where these cabins were being discussed. Did we ever get an answer from Carnival?

Yep... they are 'corner balconies' as they call them on the ship or 'premium balconies' as they're described on all the other vessels that have them...

:)

Mach -

I sooooo hope you are right.......but I am still not convinced :o.

The attached photo below illustrates the concern. If the 6 extended aft balconies are across the back (yellow rectangle) then what is the cabin in the red circle :confused:.

The published deck plans show 6 extended aft balconies and the next cabin should be 8473 and that could be the cabin in the red circle - and it does not appear to be the corner balcony. The "corner" appears to the part of the balcony that would be for the next cabin.

I attached the second photo - because it appears to be exactly the same on the other side :(.

1319651875_DreamAftPhoto1.jpg.8a2b1ce9fe175d52da068e58850e41a8.jpg

1048456317_DreamPhotoAft.jpg.2e021ecae2f2a24f87006ab1063ed7a5.jpg

Yep... they are 'corner balconies' as they call them on the ship or 'premium balconies' as they're described on all the other vessels that have them...

:)

I assume by saying they are "corner" balconies that the only requirement for that would be that it will include the point at which the aft begins -- and in the case of the Dream, it's one wide arc across the back. Corners are less well defined there.

Tom

I assume by saying they are "corner" balconies that the only requirement for that would be that it will include the point at which the aft begins -- and in the case of the Dream, it's one wide arc across the back. Corners are less well defined there.

Tom

Good point! And honestly the shape - or defination on the balcony itself is not of great concern. Many are shaped differently - based on the class of ship. But historically the 9A's (and Cat 11 on the Spirit class) wraps do have a phenomenal balcony space - which is why we book them.

And....when we booked, the decks plans, pricing - and description - for our 9A (8473) was to include the "premimum" balcony. If the circled cabin is in fact 8473 - there is no "premimum" balcony :(. It appears to be a balcony space similar to the other extended aft cabins.

Good point! And honestly the shape - or defination on the balcony itself is not of great concern. Many are shaped differently - based on the class of ship. But historically the 9A's (and Cat 11 on the Spirit class) wraps do have a phenomenal balcony space - which is why we book them.

And....when we booked, the decks plans, pricing - and description - for our 9A (8473) was to include the "premimum" balcony. If the circled cabin is in fact 8473 - there is no "premimum" balcony :(. It appears to be a balcony space similar to the other extended aft cabins.

I already have a TAPE MEASURE on my packing list for our 12/3 Dream cruise. Those numbers won't lie. I will be on deck 7 (corner) for that sailing PLUS there are other CC'ers on our roll call which have "aft corner" cabins on deck 6 and deck 8 (including 8473). If someone does not post the stats on all of the corners by then, I will!

Tom

I already have a TAPE MEASURE on my packing list for our 12/3 Dream cruise. Those numbers won't lie. I will be on deck 7 (corner) for that sailing PLUS there are other CC'ers on our roll call which have "aft corner" cabins on deck 6 and deck 8 (including 8473). If someone does not post the stats on all of the corners by then, I will!

Tom

Thanks Tom!!

I knew you would offer to help us out ;) - but hopefully we will get it a settled soon. I figure some other photos will be showing up here soon and that is likely to help solve the "mystery" - one way or the other :rolleyes:

Archived