upsell and panaroma deck questions

stellatj

Hi i have a few questions i am sailing on the conquest there are 3 of us.

we are booked in a ov on the riveria deck the room size is 220 sq ft.

i was offered a upsell to a suite but was to late it was gone in 5 minutes so i was then offered a balcony on the panaroma deck.

my questions are

is it worth an extra 500.00 to move up to that deck and since the balcony room is 185 sq ft will it be big enough for 2 adults and a 12 yr old child.

we have never had a balcony it sounds great but is the panaroma deck a good one worth the 500.00. thanks and sorry the writting is messed up our internet company went out of bussiness so i am stuck using an old broke dial up lap top

As to is it worth 500.00 to move to upgrade. I think only you can answer that one. Depending on your budget. That said I really love balconies. We have had one on every ship that we have taken where they are available except on our upcoming cruise.(We started cruising in the 80's when balconies were unheard of.) It is a short one and balconys are only in the suites--I opted not to pay the extra 600.00 for a suite and use the money on air fare.

We were on the panorama deck for the first time on the Liberty. I was concerned because I had heard negative things about the front of the ship. I loved it as did my dh and dgs. I have been on that deck several times since then.

Good luck with your decision. Since it is an upsell do you still have time to decide?

OK, a couple of things...

A. if they were offering you a suite for $500 (total?) and then changed it to a balcony, I wouldn't do it.

B. If the price for a balcony was different from the suite, think how much money you saved by NOT upgrading to a suite :)

C. If it is $500 total and you can afford it, there are plusses to being on Panorama. You're 1 deck from Lido (above it). It's like going from the ground floor on a hotel to being nearly on the top floor. Think about what you can see in that analogy, one to the other.

D. Your OV room is 40 sq ft bigger. I've been in both and didn't notice a measurable difference--thinking WOW this OV is sooo much bigger. Since your child is 12, you should be ok whichever room you choose.

E. If the total cost is $500, and it's not too late to get it, it's what--$175 per person? Less?

Like the previous person said, it's up to you and how you can afford it, but these are some things to ponder.

Hope it helps and if you do it, you will LOVE having your own balcony!

Archived