Table Magicians

c&d

Have not seen a thread about this. I think table magic is something new Carnival is testing.

We were recently on the Elation. A young man name Ryan stopped by our table and did a few majic tricks for all of us. This was the first time I had seen someone stop at a table and talk to people, and do a few majic tricks. Everyone at the table enjoyed it. We had all ages at the table and we all enjoyed it.

I hope that Carnival continues this perk. It gave everyone at the table something to talk about. This would be a good ice breaker if you are at a table with total strangers,or you have table mates you wish you didn't have.

Also helps pass the time away while you wait for your food to arrive or other table mates to finish the course they are eatting.

John Heald mentioned it about a year ago. At first they were going to do "random acts of kindness" where they pick several people on the ship and give them gifts. Then they decided to go with the "table magicians" instead. Most of the feedback on his blog were against the table magicians as people didnt want their dinners interrupted or the costs could be used for other things.

Dave

John Heald mentioned it about a year ago. At first they were going to do "random acts of kindness" where they pick several people on the ship and give them gifts. Then they decided to go with the "table magicians" instead. Most of the feedback on his blog were against the table magicians as people didnt want their dinners interrupted or the costs could be used for other things.

Dave

We had an AMAZING guy visit our table on three evenings on the Crazies Cruise. It was always late in the dining, during dessert, and he baffled me and I'm not easily baffled.

Snoozeman was at out table and his jaw dropped just as far as mine did!!!

No one was bothered by the visit, in fact, we all agreed that it was great fun!!

It is being deployed fleet wide.

As an aside, these folks were added when the musicians in the supper clubs were eliminated...

:)

We had one on the Fantasy 9/24...we LOVED him! Basically, everyone was finishing/finished with dessert so it really didn't interrupt anything and he was soooo good! Only one of his tricks could I figure out! He was really good and everyone liked him! I hope they keep them on!

We are just back from a cruise on the Valor had a magician visit us twice during the cruise.

We really enjoyed this special touch and so did my kids.

Royal Caribbean also had table magicians on one of our cruise last year, so it may be that Carnival is following suit.

Yes, we had one way back on our Valor cruise in Dec. 07. He was really good and said if we liked him to let Carnival know on our comment card. In Aug. on Glory, our assistant waiter Joseph actually did tricks before dessert a couple of nights and he was good, too.:) He got my boys and the 2 kids at the table behind us involved in the tricks.

Heather

I have only seen it on the Valor. Back in '05, he came to our table in the MDR at lunch and did a card trick, our kids loved. After that, we sailed the Glory, Victory, Liberty, Freedom, never saw a table magician. Then, last cruise on the Valor last June, we saw one approach the table next toours, but to the sadness of my kids, he didn't come to our table. I think they give priority to tables with small kids (not teens).

i SAW a table magician at the next table over from us on pride 9/20-27... but he never came over to our table. and i only saw him once during the 7 days... anytime dining thing maybe?

We were had late seating in August, and early seating in September - saw him at both.

Tom

We had a magician visit us one night on the Valor back in April. It was a lot of fun. I much prefer a table magician for 5 minutes vs other dining interuptions. It was fun, and was at the end of dessert, which I thought was appropriate.

Ugh for me I think this would be better in the more casual buffet. I think the Main dining room is meant to be a more upscale experience. What next balloon animals? I find it strange that the same people who would flame someone for wearing jeans in the didning room would actually enjoy this. Magicians mimes and clowns...creepy

Ugh for me I think this would be better in the more casual buffet. I think the Main dining room is meant to be a more upscale experience. What next balloon animals? I find it strange that the same people who would flame someone for wearing jeans in the didning room would actually enjoy this. Magicians mimes and clowns...creepy

Dude you ain't seen nothin' yet... btw they had a guy on Destiny in August doing this.

• 1 year later...
We had one on our 9/20 Victory cruise. We thought he was great! My BF took his cards and did a trick for him and of course he got it. It was fun. It is a nice touch and I hope they stay as well.:)

Was on this cruise - Table Artist was great. He was easy to remember, he is one of the few Table Artists who is from USA... Not that it matters, its just kind of unusual when you find a cruise ship employee who is from the US.

We had a magician on the Legend a couple of cruises back that we didn't enjoy at all. He came by 3 nights and did the exact same tricks each time. By the third night my 6 yo niece covered her face with her napkin and told us to say she wasn't there. :)

We just had one on the Liberty, a young American guy, who was great! He was funny.

Do the poster that said clowns are creepy: On a cruise a couple of years ago we had a passenger that brought his own trumpet and a clown mask/wig and everytime the waiters would sing happy birthday, he would put his mask on and run over and play happy birthday on his trumpet. It was beyond a little weird. Other than him, we enjoy the dining room entertainment.

We recently had this experience on the Legend. I loved the idea. He visited our table twice during the week. He was careful not to interrupt the meal and came between courses. He was very skilled and the sleight of hand magic was very good. I guess you could tell him "no thanks" if you weren't interested but I for one hope they keep this form of entertainment.

Archived