HAL anytime dining?

TomTN

HAL, at least on the Ryndam in Alaska this summer, has anytime dining working very smoothly. I mention this after reading all the posts and noting that NCL does not do this well and that other HAL ships may need some time perfecting service with anytime dining.

As I said, in Alaska it worked quite well. Daily schedules differed and some times we were not back on the ship at our usual dining time. It was nice to have a seat in the dining room. Also, having had an unsatisfactory cruise with set tablemates in 2008, it was nice to sit with new people most nights, or sit by ourselves from time to time.

• 9 years later...

This is an old thread but was hoping I could get some responses on how the anytime dining is going now. I will be cruising on NS in June and we have anytime dining. We have cruised on NCL several times were there is no set dining. We never had a problem just showing up might have to wait a couple of minutes but that was all.

I have read several threads were others made reservations for the MDR, but I think the whole point of anytime dining is that you do not have to schedule in advance. We usually go to dinner when we are hungry. 

😊

7 hours ago, qoap24 said:

This is an old thread but was hoping I could get some responses on how the anytime dining is going now. I will be cruising on NS in June and we have anytime dining. We have cruised on NCL several times were there is no set dining. We never had a problem just showing up might have to wait a couple of minutes but that was all.

I have read several threads were others made reservations for the MDR, but I think the whole point of anytime dining is that you do not have to schedule in advance. We usually go to dinner when we are hungry. 

😊

You are correct.  You can just go at the time of your choosing.  If it is a peak time you may have a small wait.

Some people reserve for different reasons but one is to have the same table and waiter.  They prefer a different time in the dining room so fixed dining doesn’t appeal to them and open works 😉 

7 hours ago, taosjellybean said:

I am a party of one, anytime dining. What would  my chances be  for getting a table for one?  Any suggestions of how to do it. Eurodam. 

Jo Ann

Just ask for a table alone.  It will be table for 2.

You may encounter a wait as there can be a demand for the two tops.