Has anyone swam with the dolphins???

jkjmt

Has anyone swam with the dolphins in Grand Cayman????? It seems like everyone waits for Cozumel because it is $10 cheaper.

Is it as good in Grand Cayman???? Is it crowded??????

Hi, yes...I've actually done both, in Cozumel and in Grand Cayman. I liked them both, but I especially enjoyed it in Grand Cayman. The "pool" is really nice and the whole area is clean. It is not on a beach as in Cozumel, but the time with the Dolphins seemed to be longer and I booked this privately not through the cruise line. We got free tickets to the turtle farm, which was right next door, so it was like doing two excursions for the price of one. When we went to go back to Georgetown, we hopped onto a city bus instead of a cab and it was a lot cheaper. The bus driver told us he would drive by Hell, if we wanted to stop and get off, which we did. We spent about an hour there, waiting for the next city bus. We had a great day, one of the best times we ever had in GC. Enjoy, either one is nice...I think more people do Cozumel, so they can enjoy and spend the rest of the day at Chakanaab Park and the beach. It's not like that in GC...so depends on what you want...it you want to spend the rest of day at beach, than Coz is for you...if you want to see turtles as well, than book in GC. It's a blast and I love dolphins, I'm sure i will do it again too:D

I've done the one in Cozumel too (Chalkanab Park......however you spell it)...but we want to go to Paradise Beach this year in Cozumel so we're going to swim with the dophins in Grand Cayman.

• 3 weeks later...

I was booked for Cozumel just for that same reason mentioned above. We were going to spend the day at the park. But, our stop to cozumel was cancelled due to the flu scare in the spring. We booked privately and to get your money back you had to reschedule within a year or at a different location. So, we had to book in Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman was really nice. The pool was great, not crowded with lots of people when we were there. The building is right next to the beach but has a rocky shore, so you can't just head to the beach when you are finished.

We were rushed all day as in the early morning we were scheduled to snuba and then spend the rest of the day at 7 mile beach. Then we had to skip the beach and get to the dolphins. We took a taxi there, but getting back to the ship was a breeze and alot cheaper by the city bus. Which, by the way are exactly like a cab. Just a mini van that stops every so often instead of a private straight drive somewhere. I think we stopped twice. To let 2 people off. The final bus stop near the ship, is an easy walk across the street. Can't miss seeing the ship to know which way to go. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived