Hotel Monterilla, Viña del Mar, Cruise Package

laverendrye

We will be disembarking from the Infinity in Valparaiso in January and plan to stay two nights in Viña del Mar before heading to Santiago for our flight home.

The Monterilla offers a cruise package which includes transfers from the port and to the airport for US$258 plus $100 for the second night for a double room.

Has anyone here stayed at the Monterilla, and is this a reasonable price for the transfers? Should we arrange them separately?

I think you could get a Tour for that price

I got pick up at the airport and visit in wine country and drop off at hotel in Vina for less But not including hotel

but I'm no EXPERT ...shop around But this hotel was recommended

We will be disembarking from the Infinity in Valparaiso in January and plan to stay two nights in Viña del Mar before heading to Santiago for our flight home.

The Monterilla offers a cruise package which includes transfers from the port and to the airport for US$258 plus $100 for the second night for a double room.

Has anyone here stayed at the Monterilla, and is this a reasonable price for the transfers? Should we arrange them separately?

The price is very decent, especially if it is for 2 people. The hotel-I won't stay there anymore. Tried it once about 3 years ago for one night (I am in Vina/Valpo four times a year for business-exported fruit). Not enought "pizzazz" for me. I either like VERY unique hotels (and I will put up with outdated furnishings) or I want the whole banana-furnishings, service, amenities (and yes, sometimes I am willing to pay the price). I generally pick unique, but the Monterilla is neither unique or upscale. Just another same-o, same-o SA hotel that is older. It has been updated in the last 5 years, but still a generic hotel. There are better hotels away from the crowds in the city.

Thanks for the suggestions. As there will be four of us, the package appears to be much too expensive so we will arrange our own transfers.

Our flight from Santiago is in the evening, so perhaps we might arrange a day tour from Viña ending at the airport.

Any recommendations for tour operators for this kind of tour?

Thanks for the suggestions. As there will be four of us, the package appears to be much too expensive so we will arrange our own transfers.

Our flight from Santiago is in the evening, so perhaps we might arrange a day tour from Viña ending at the airport.

Any recommendations for tour operators for this kind of tour?

You mean the price was PER PERSON??? For a couple, it was a decent price.

Almost all flights going to the USA/Europe leave in the evening.

Transfer from the port to a hotel in Vina/Valpo should be no more than $20.00 PER CAB (they are generally small). Please pre-arrange. Only cabs/cars with permits are allowed INTO the port. Otherwise, you have to drag your luggage outside the port area and negotiate with a driver. Most of the hotels in Vina/Valpo will make arrangements to pick you up. You just need to let them know in advance.

You may also want to rent a car-one way rental which can be dropped off at the airport. Then you can do you own winery tour at your own pace. If you can drive in California around Fresno/San Luis Obispo, you can drive in Chile. Almost all toll road from Vina to Santiago. Good roads, scenery looks just about like California.

I don't do tours, so no help there. But there are plenty of tour operators posted in this forum. Enjoy!!!

You mean the price was PER PERSON??? For a couple, it was a decent price.

Almost all flights going to the USA/Europe leave in the evening.

Transfer from the port to a hotel in Vina/Valpo should be no more than $20.00 PER CAB (they are generally small). Please pre-arrange. Only cabs/cars with permits are allowed INTO the port. Otherwise, you have to drag your luggage outside the port area and negotiate with a driver. Most of the hotels in Vina/Valpo will make arrangements to pick you up. You just need to let them know in advance.

You may also want to rent a car-one way rental which can be dropped off at the airport. Then you can do you own winery tour at your own pace. If you can drive in California around Fresno/San Luis Obispo, you can drive in Chile. Almost all toll road from Vina to Santiago. Good roads, scenery looks just about like California.

I don't do tours, so no help there. But there are plenty of tour operators posted in this forum. Enjoy!!!

No the price was per room (ie per couple), so it wouldn't have been bad for two of us. But with two couples, it would have been double the price for the transfers, and that would have been excessive.

We've decided to stay elsewhere and arrange for transfers. We'll also consider a one-way car rental.

Thanks for the information on taxis from the port.

Archived