AE vs. AC on the Jade

rosie#1

I had an AC on the Jade last February on our Mediterranean cruise. The AC is a great suite but I would say to keep the AE.

The AC cabin size is a bit larger (especially Deck 10 AC) but the balcony, while huge, is one that you often cannot use. While underway you often have very high winds making the balcony like a wind tunnel. There were a couple of nights when the wind was right that I could actually go out there but most of the time no luck. It was nice in port but who's on their balcony in port?

I love aft balconies and I will go with an AE or AD next time. You still receive the same suite perks.

Take care,

Mike

They are able to charge that price, because not everyone experiences the problem with wind the previous poster did. We loved our AC cabin and the huge balcony. Would book it again in a minute.

The forward balcony has it's faults for sure, but it also has it's virtues. There is nothing like a forward balcony when you are pulling into or out of port. I also feel less discombobulated seeing where I am going rather than where I have been. For some reason, after doing both a few times, I prefer the forward balcony over aft.

Robin

Here's a different perspective on Jade AC balcony use. My wife and I sailed on the Jade in AC 10002 first two weeks of May Barcelona to Rotterdam and used the huge balcony EVERY night. Yes there is some wind but you can position the loungers so that you're out of the wind of the most part. Spending our nights on the balcony was perhaps our favourite part of the cruise... we'd have a glass of red wine and I'd smoke a cigar most nights.

I have cruised in an aft balcony in the past and enjoyed it BUT have already booked two more suites at the (AB on both the Sun South America and Spirit Exotic Caribbean).

Enjoy your cruise!

Take the AC. That upcharge is incredible. We took a 13 day Med in AC 10500 on the Jade, and there was only 1 night when we couldn't use the balcony, and that was more the weather (very windy around Cannes) than the balcony or ship. And if you manage to get 10000 or 10500, your room is a little bigger than any other AC or AD rooms, and no matter what, twice as big as the AE.

I am also joining in with great reviews for the AC. We love it, and we have another AC booked next month. We also did not experience any "wind" problems when we did the Med on the Jewel. We used the deck every day/night. Since we pay full price, $300 to upgrade sounds like a great deal to me! :D

Archived