Gluten Free on MSC Poesia

suefrankw

I just found out out I have a gluten intolerance about 3 weeks ago.

I checked out their menus and I am glad that they serve a risotto every night. :)

It can be quite difficult to find things to eat but I am feeling so much better that I am willing to endure. I plan on contacting them and finding out if they will be able to have options for me. I also will plan on taking some of my own rice crackers incase I need some carbs and can't find anything suitable.

We have plans for a March cruise and at this point we are not going to change our plans.

I have celiac also. I sailed the MSC Orchestra last May in CMH and I had plenty of food choices. At lunch they had a great salad bar at the buffet. Also dinner I stayed away from the soups because they are thickened with flour.I still seemed to have a nice 4 course meal each night.

It still may be a good idea to take snacks, I found it hard to find things to snack on in the ports.

My son and I found out about a bunch of food allergies last spring...including wheat, eggs, dairy...and are sailing on Splendida in Nov 2009. I was able to notify the cruise about our allergies and I was able to get approval to bring some stapel items on board with us...with a doctor's note.

we will see how it goes.

We were on Lirica last year (before allergies) and while the food was great it was a lot of pasta, cream, bread.

Archived