Time change for Hawaii

jewelling

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, when leaving Los Angeles and the destination is Hawaii do they change the ship time?:)

Thank you

Jewelling

Yes, they do change the time and give plenty of notice. It will be in the daily Princess Patter and a note will be left in your stateroom by the steward as another reminder.

Thanks Chesterpeake for the answer to my question. Just one more question about the time change. Do they change the time more than once.

Thank you

Jewelling

Yes, they wll change the time an hour at a time. If you are sailing when the US is on Standard Time, Hawaii is 2 hours behind Pacific Time. If you sail during Daylight Savings Time the difference is 3 hours.

Yes, they wll change the time an hour at a time. If you are sailing when the US is on Standard Time, Hawaii is 2 hours behind Pacific Time. If you sail during Daylight Savings Time the difference is 3 hours.

Yes - I can attest to the above. We've done the mainland to Hawaii and back 3 times and have a 4th scheduled.

Time tends to really lose relevance on the long sea days to and from Hawaii. It's one of the best parts about this cruise.

N & H

Archived