Ferry to Atlantis

jdh

Does anyone know if the ferry that runs to Atlantis is handicap accessible? We really want to go over but last time we were there, couldn't find an accessible cab or van. I sure don't want to pay $40 each way for a cab as some others have said they did. Any suggestions? Hubby uses a Pride scooter and does not walk more than a couple of feet to transfer from scooter to cab, chair, etc. We have used ferries in other places that he was able to ride hsi scooter on without a problem.

IIRC they are NOT and they are NOT easy to get into if you are mobility impaired. (they REALLY pack them in like sardines too)

I desperatley want to take my mom to Atlantis and I read that there is ONE van cab that is accessible...

but if i can fit her WC into a cab....i really don't care how much i have to pay the cabbie to take us and come get us a couple hours later......it will be my birthday and i am not sure how many more vacations we will get:(:mad: i want to try and have fun cause sick really sucks!

as for the cost of the cab...it REALLY stinks...but as i see it, they have a captive audience....yuck!

Archived