First Cruise... Where to start! (Paradise)

smashedpumpkins

Hey everyone,

So this cruise will be me and my fiances first cruise. Were planning to jump aboard the Carnival Paradise on January 15th.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=LAX&itinCode=LA0&durDays=4&shipCode=PA&subRegionCode=MB&sailDate=1/18/2010&sailingID=54650

It'll be our honeymoon so we're going all out. We're debating on whether to go with a Penthouse Suite or a regular Suite. I've been searching google like crazy for pictures, but for the world of me I can't find any good pictures. We're thinking about going with the Penthouse :)

Any recommendations? I know there's a ton of different rooms and styles. We definitely don't want an obstructed view suite. Does anyone have some pictures we can see? (Lots of pictures!!!!)

On another note it appears to be $609 a person for the Penthouse Suite. Should I call up a travel agency and use them or should I order through Carnival directly? I'm sure there's some other deals or combo deals I should jump. Any advice?

I know this a tonnnnnnn of questions, but I don't know where to start. Any information is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Randy

EDIT: Oh and the date and cruise is set in stone. We won't be canceling or anything like that :)

There are no plain suites on the Paradise. There are only Penthouse Suites. We just stayed in one in August (my first cruise) and they were nice. If you can afford it, I would go Penthouse Suite. Congratulations on the wedding!

There are no plain suites on the Paradise. There are only Penthouse Suites. We just stayed in one in August (my first cruise) and they were nice. If you can afford it, I would go Penthouse Suite. Congratulations on the wedding!

There are Cat. 11 suites and Cat. 12 suites ..... Verandah suites and Penthouse suites..........

Really? I guess I keep mixing them up! Thanks!

If you are going to book a suite then a cat 12 is the way to go on the Paradise.

We will be on the Riviera deck on the same cruise.

Congratulations!

We've done this itin almost too many times to count, so if you have any questions come over to the roll call--

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1037788

There are Cat. 11 suites and Cat. 12 suites ..... Verandah suites and Penthouse suites..........

Hmm, I think we're really wanting the Penthouse. Pictures anyone? :)

EDIT: Oh and I mean January 18th! It won't let me edit the first post.

Archived