water taxi, shopping and orient beach ?

novellaherman

Ok I would like to go to orient beach do a little hanging out, have lunch and then spend the afternoon shopping. My question is can I use a water taxi to do this? Or will I have to go by car? I like the idea of the water taxi because it is so pretty. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sorry, but no.

The Water Taxi only operates in Great Bay, between the Cruise Facility and two stops in Philipsburg (where the best shopping in the Caribbean is available), a mere 5 minute ride.

There will soon be an additional stop in Philipsburg, at the end of the current Boardwalk, but it is running behind schedule.

If you want to go to Orient, then it's a taxi ride away. You could rent a car, but I would discourage that option for a first time visitor.

Ask the taxi on the return from Orient to drop you downtown for shopping. After shopping I would recommend a Water Taxi ride back to the Cruise Facility with camera in hand for some great shots of your ship at the pier.

gary

Archived