Getting a car rental at Tampa cruiseport

PSCruiser

Can't seem to find the answer for this: I want to reserve a rental car for when I get off the ship at Tampa (it will be a one-way rental). What companies have a shuttle that will be there at the port to pick up renters and take them to the rental location?

• 2 months later...

I have rented from Hertz both times when returning to Tampa from a cruise. Most recently this past summer. Price was right, car was right at the terminal as that is where the hertz location is. If you are coming in the other terminal they meet you there also. Dropped the car in Orlando with no problem.

I have rented from Hertz both times when returning to Tampa from a cruise. Most recently this past summer. Price was right, car was right at the terminal as that is where the hertz location is. If you are coming in the other terminal they meet you there also. Dropped the car in Orlando with no problem.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from cruise out of Tampa and was pleasantly surprised to learn that most car rental companies will pick you up at the cruise terminal and take you to their airport rental location for a post cruise rental - no charge for their shuttle to the airport. If you are renting pre-cruise, they will also take you to the port at no charge AND shuttle you to the airport post-cruise. Very convenient!

My girlfriend and I will be taking a cruise on the Inspiration and be returning to Tampa on February 22. My flight is scheduled for 7:30pm, so I figure we'll have 4-5 hours of time to hang around Tampa before heading to the airport. It's good to know that car rental places offer free shuttles to their offices. I'm thinking it would be cheaper (and more convenient) to rent a car for the rest of the day then pay a taxi to lug us and our luggage around. If I decide to do this, would it be wise to rent a car ASAP, or should I just wait and rent it at the counter when I arrive back at Tampa?

-Thanks

Archived