Currency on Far East Cruises.

avatan

First time cruiser. Going on Costa Classica in November on the Far East Cruise. We sail from Hong Kong visiting Singapore, Borneo, Vietnam and the Phiilipines. Can anyone advise me on the best currency to take. Every country I have visited I have always taken English notes and have found them easy to change but have never visited the Far East. I have noticed other advice against changing money on the ship as they give a poor exchange rate.

First time cruiser. Going on Costa Classica in November on the Far East Cruise. We sail from Hong Kong visiting Singapore, Borneo, Vietnam and the Phiilipines. Can anyone advise me on the best currency to take. Every country I have visited I have always taken English notes and have found them easy to change but have never visited the Far East. I have noticed other advice against changing money on the ship as they give a poor exchange rate.

Vietnam takes US dollars (At least our tour guide wants US cash).

Hi avatan,

We're doing this trip too - departing 7 Nov from HK. How about you?

Most of the advice I've read so far for this trip say to take small amounts of each currency, plus a larger amount of US dollars... I assume you can use any bits of currency leftover towards your on board bill or for tip??

Archived