Does Celebrity have anything like Princess' "Ultimate Balcony Dinner" or breakfast?

Lurontravel

I just read a review from May that Rob n Tammy (I think) wrote about their ultimate balcony dinner, and it sounded delicious, romantic and worth it to me. Even more then the alternative dining experience available on Celebrity. Sure would be nice if Celebrity offered the equivalent... Anyone know?

Yes and no.

Suites can get any meal served, by course, in the suite (or on the balcony, if you prefer).

All categories can get meals served during meal hours in the cabin - but it comes all at once with a little wheelie table.

Concierge class cabins get a special in-room breakfast menu. Not sure if it's in suites, too.

The Honeymoon/Anniversary packages used to include a fancy breakfast in your cabin. Don't know if they still do, it's been a while.

I'll be honest I find it hard to believe that much could be better than Celebrity's formal alternative restaurant, other than being more intimate.

Hope this helps!

Stephen, Here is a link to the review. Please read it and let me know if you think the formal dining experience is about the same. I am not knocking Celebrity, have sailed on it and had a wonderful time. Just would like your honest opinion.

Kathy

Concierge class cabins get a special in-room breakfast menu. Not sure if it's in suites, too. QUOTE]

\

cant imagine that the cc cabins get anything that the suites dont get because cc cabins are no longer considered suites and the suite pax pay more for their cabins then the ccers

The link seems to be missing, but I sloped on over to Princess and checked it out. It sounds very nice...different from anything X offers, though in net (price and quality) it sounds comparable to the alternative formal dining.

Possibly a better choice for a more intimate dining experience, but then again you can't do it if you don't have a balcony :( If we were on Princess with a balcony, I think we'd try it.

logee1043 - I can easily see X offering some services in CC not available in suites - that's a flavour they're trying hard to push, and a signature touch available nowhere else would be helpful. However I have no knowledge of whether or on - my one time in a suite on Celebrity was before CC (which we have yet to try) was introduced.

and been spoiled, which we never were on Princess.

The table & chairs are magnificatly dressed with cushioned chairs. If seas are wicked and balcony gets wet & chairs turn white from sale, they put fitted blankets over the chairs. The tables look just like dining room set up, the china the same.

The breakfast menu for CC isn't what is on TV for regular folks. It is inside the big black book with frittatas, smoothies, and other favofites. We did lunch & even dinner after an excursion when we didn't feel like changing & we were catered to like the waiter. If I made a fuss over an apetizer or desert, a second one showed........

The canapes were toasted bread & great toppings from caviar to cheeses. But the bread was stale eventho the plate is tightly wrapped in plastic. So we are inquiring what other choices we get besides these. But by our next cruise they should have gotten it corrected.

Archived