? Re: Editing cabin on online reservation

mrstay

I haven't sailed with RCCl since Jan 08, so maybe this too has changed. Once I made a reservation and deposited you used to be able to go to your reservation and next to your cabin there would be an edit button that would allow you to change cabins and/or upgrade or downgrade. Is this feature gone now?

I had the same issue. Did online booking for a bunch of family members. 6 seperate reservations, under 6 different user names and when it came time to play the room swap game I had to call and have them move the room. Ugh. Kind of annoying, but it was quick, easy and painless. I think to many people were clicking to look at their room and were accidentally moving it or giving it up and so they stopped letting you do all those sort of changes. It was there when I made the reservation in March 2008, but by the time I wanted to make a room change in Feb 2009 the option was gone.

I still have that option for rooms I booked online. On one reservation, I called in via telephone. I cannot edit anything on that reservation.

Perhaps that's the difference?

I think I can confirm this. I booked online about 2 months ago. I changed categories and stateroom online last week. I called last Saturday and made another cabin change and got on board credit for a price change. I checked online right now, and I can't make any changes to the reservation anymore (the MODIFY buttons have vanished).

I guess if you book via telephone, or make a change via telephone they lock you out of online changes.

I just went over to the website and confirmed the following:

Reservation #1 - Was on waitlist for corner aft. Once they called and I accepted, I lost the ability to modify room selection.

Reservation #2 and #3 - Called in to get specific rooms. Have never been able to modify these reservations.

Reservations #4 and #5 - Made online. Never called in to change anything. I can still modify these if I wanted to.

So it seems that if you talk to a vacation planner about something, and they make any change to the reservation, you lose the ability to modify it online.

If you made the reservation online you should have the edit option available to you, even if you call and have RCCL make a change... It is considered "your" reservation and you should be in full controll of it. If it was made by phone then the edit options are usually not there.

So Bajathree confirms it. Thanks.

Now the question is why? What am I missing? Why would they lock it out like that?

It must be a technical problem on their end. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't let a customer change their reservation by themselves online if it was booked via phone.

I Called Customer Service and the lady actually got into my account to see it and it would not let her also. She told me maybe it was because I had not paid it off yet. I said "WHAT!!" That is the craziest thing. I know on my last cruise I could have access to it. She said she didn't see anything on the account that would have prevented me. Also, I did book online this morning. Control of my reservation is the main reason I do it like that.

Can someone else open an existing reservation, that you made online and have not paid off, and see if next to your cabin number if there is a edit button or not? Thanks.

I have 3 reservations. the two of them that are way off in time are still editable.

The one that I have in November is technically not paid off (and I am past final payment). I was able to edit it until Final Pay Day and then not. We'll see if my ability to edit comes back when I've paid it off.

So today I went into My Cruises and saw they now the modify button was there. So I thought I would see what the upgrade choices were. Now keep in mind that about an hour earlier I had checked the RCCL cruise as though I was booking a new cruise to see what the prices were. It was interesting that some of the prices were not the same, such as:

Cat. Z - if booked new was $448 and if I upgrade it was $549.

Cat F - if booked new was $682 and if I upgrade it was $786

I know that some rates are new bookings only, and the booked new rates are with Texas residency rates.

Any explaination for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is just batty. I checked again, and now I am able to modify the reservation again (I have gone from being able to, to NOT being able to now again being able to)

I really don't want to make any changes, but this would really mess with someone's head if they did.

Archived