Price Reduction - Best time to check

Is there a specific day or time that a price drop would be more likely?

Its best to check the website at least once per day if you can. Prices are like roller coasters for cruises. They go up they go down. They can sometimes change 2 or 3 times per day. Supply and demand of cabins on each sailing changes all the time so prices are adjusted accordingly.

For example right now on my sailing coming up in a few weeks a junior suite is about $30 less per person than a D1 balcony b/c the supply of JS's is higher than D1s but the demand for JSs is lower than a D1.

I agree. I check every single day. I have seen more price drops on sundays I think than other days. If you are a senior citizen (55+) or just last minute deals seem to come around 6 weeks out from the cruise and continue right up to the sail date. Last year, our 8 night cruise on the brand new Independence of the seas dropped to $299 right prior to sailing. We had several credits back on our credit card and then upgraded to a large ocean view instead of another price drop. I will tell you that this year I have seen less price drops than I have experienced in the last 5 years--- I don't know why. However, I am approaching the six week time for my current IOS cruise, so will continue to check.

Archived