Who was on the AOS 9/27/2009?

I was on this sailing with my family-LOVED IT!!! Great weather, friendly people on and off the ship, great sights and awesome beaches!

Did 3 non cruise line excursions, Barbados (Scenic Barbados) St. Lucia (Cosol-our hands down favourite!) and Antigua (Lawrence of Antigua) and explored on our own for St Croix and St. Maarten.

A really nice surprise was all the Canadian crew members-even the Captain and Cruise Director were Canadian!:D

Now looking for a new cruise adventure...

We also did the Cosol tour and think that was one of the best tours of all the islands!

We did the Silver moon Catamaran in Barbados which was top notch

We did Gordon in Antigua - Gordon is nice enough but the island was a bit boring

St croix was lovely, we walked down the beach at port to a cool beach bar called the sand bar

And St Martin we shopped a little and then hung out at Sharkeys on the pier.

Did you get to check out the whole ship?

That guy statue in the promanade was interesting to alot of people :D

I would be interested in hearing about what you thought of the port call at St. Croix. We were there briefly when Serenade stopped to refull but we didn't get to see much. I can't say that I was very impressed with what we did see. And I was a bit disappointed to see that St. Thomas has been dropped for this port. We have done the Aruba route three times on Adventure. Unfortunately, that route has dropped St. Maarten which I really love.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on St. Croix.

I would be interested in hearing about what you thought of the port call at St. Croix. We were there briefly when Serenade stopped to refull but we didn't get to see much. I can't say that I was very impressed with what we did see. And I was a bit disappointed to see that St. Thomas has been dropped for this port. We have done the Aruba route three times on Adventure. Unfortunately, that route has dropped St. Maarten which I really love.

We were on the 9/27 sailing. You need to leave the port where the ship is and go over to the other town, Christianisted (or something). It is very nice there, and most unlike the other Carribbean ports - ie, no crappy tshirt stands one after the other, Diamonds International, guys selling, reefer, etc. It has some very nice artists' stores, jewelry, glass, soaps, etc. We ate at the RumRunner on the boardwalk which was very good - the shopping girl from the ship was there with her mates.

Apparently, they really don't get a lot of ships there.

I have to say that the "short, bald, stout" signing "comedian" on Thursday (?) was not very funny to us. We walked out, we found it so dull. And the guy who did the goodbye show with his "comedy magic" was very lame as well. I swear we saw him on the Disney Magic two years ago, with the same dumb schtick. The "Original Drifters" were fun though.

Looks like sjlocke covered St Croix for you, even though I did not go into Christiansted, I found the people at the pier to be very polite and mostly from the states. No one chasing you with taxi signs or hair braiding like the other islands :eek:

There is a free shuttle to take you from the ship to the end of the pier (which is a long walk)

There is plenty of snorkeling at the beach past the fort, I didn't do it but it seemed you needed to wear water shoes to get out in the water since it rocky.

cruisecookie, we did do my time dining and loved it!

We went everynight between 8 and 8:30 like we wanted to (no reservation)we were seated right away at a table for 2.

We asked for the same waiter a few nights and were accommodated, the last night the table for 2 was not available so they asked if we wanted to sit with 3 other couples and that was good enough.

Each wait team gets a certain amount of different sized tables.

I hope that helped :)

Donna

I actually enjoyed St. Croix for what we did. Wasn't interested in much except beaching it, drinking at bit, and resting from the week. Went right down the beach to Sunset Beach and also to Coconuts Bar and Grill right past Rainbow Beach. These were great stops thanks to our driver. Rainbow Beach had more amenities but also tons more people. Met a few locals at Coconuts and us and one other couple from the ship were the only people on the beach. It was awesome. I cried when I had to get out of the water because I knew my sea time was coming to an end.

We tried to take the shuttle to the Buccaneer Hotel for some beach time, but our bus had transmission problems and we just made it as far as Christiansted so we took the little boat over to the Hotel on the Cay and went to that beach instead then we shopped a little on the way back to the shuttle pick-up point. The beach and the water was good and the shopping was OK but St Croix was probably our least favourite island. We still had a good time there, but we probably won't go back.

We were on this cruise as well. We didn't take any formal excursions, we did take a shuttle over to Christianstad though. We spent a lot of time going through the fort and just wandering the city. We found it different from most ports as others have mentioned. A curator in the old Dutch reformed church told us St Croix is called the quiet island as it is much more quiet than either St Thomas or St John. It is the largest of the 3.

The reason ships have not frequented this port is it was pretty much wiped out some years ago by a hurricane. I am not sure why RCI traded St Thomas for St Croix.

We visited the Yoda Guy shop for the second time on St Martin.

We booked on the Serenade for next year.

Archived