Bayside Marketplace

kaj1436

I have read recently on CC that Bayside is in receivership and that there is not much there anymore? Is this true? Is it going to be deserted when I get there in January? If so, what other things can we do around there? I'm a little disappointed that I booked the hotel downtown now.

I have read recently on CC that Bayside is in receivership and that there is not much there anymore? Is this true? Is it going to be deserted when I get there in January? If so, what other things can we do around there? I'm a little disappointed that I booked the hotel downtown now.

I'm not a fan of downtown but no, Bayside is not deserted. Can you get out of your hotel booking? Miami has so many more interesting areas than downtown.

Unfortunately, no, we got a special rate but the only catch was that it is non refundable. So we are stuck where we are. Any suggestions as to what activities to do to at least make it a possitive experience? Is it far from everything else? Thanks alot.

The owner of Bayside - General Growth, which is the 2nd largest mall owner in America is in chapter 11 bankruptcy. Bayside is open, operating as usual, and far from deserted, but it's a pretty boring place to go when there are so many better, nicer places in Miami to spend time.

Unless you used Priceline or some discount site where you can't cancel, then book something on South Beach and cancel what you have downtown.

Unfortunately, no, we got a special rate but the only catch was that it is non refundable. So we are stuck where we are. Any suggestions as to what activities to do to at least make it a possitive experience? Is it far from everything else? Thanks alot.

Ah ok... Well Bayside is it downtown, but South Beach is only a 10 minute cab ride across the causeway. Taxis are cheap and plentiful... Just go over there for the evening, it's close and a whole lot more fun! There are many many more places to shop and eat.

We have small children. Is South Beach area a child friendly area? Or is the nightlife more for adults?

The clubs don't even get going until well after midnight, you won't even notice them during the day.

South Beach is full of families during the day and evening. There is something for everyone, lots of shops, restaurants of every type, sidewalk cafes, and a gorgeous beach.

We have small children. Is South Beach area a child friendly area? Or is the nightlife more for adults?

Bayside really isn't anything great for kids. Just a group of shops and restaurants. If you are going to be there for any lenght of time and want to keep the kids happy, do a beach or park if warm enough. Or maybe do the Ducks tour of Miami. BUt certainly Bayside isn't a kids "activity" area.

I'm not from Miami and did the hotel the night before the cruise thing and went to Bayside. We arrived in the afternoon and stayed at the Intercontinental. It was a short walk over and was a very nice place to spend the few hours we had that evening poking around, relaxing and having dinner.

I'm from Boston and we have a similar place called Fanueil Hall that is a big tourist trap with even less to do than Bayside. Everyone who travels here HAS to go there. I think Bayside is more like that...it's appreciated more by those who aren't from the area.

If I had a couple days I would like to venture out to South Beach for the day but for the evening before I found the Bayside to be quite adequate.

Have fun on your trip! :D

Archived