St Kitts Scenic Railway -advice please

Luxury For Less

Hi All,

My father went on the Scenic Railway on his cruise last year and never being one to enthuse has said it is an absolute must! The Princess shore excursion costs $99 per person for a 3 hour tour, which for 3 of us will be just short of $300. This seems a bit steep. The Tour Store seem to offer a 4 hour tour out of Port Sante, including Brimstone Hill for $110 per person.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this tour? Thanks in advance.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I e-mailed the Scenic train operator and asked if this tour could be booked when you get to St Kitts (like many of the other tour operators in other ports) and the reply was NO...if you are on a ship you must book thru the ship...guess they have a contract with the cruise lines.

I have booked it thru princess as we will be in ST Kitts in Feb and have read so many good things about this tour. I too wish it was at a lower cost...supply and demand I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon....we just did this tour on Saturday (our last stop on our Victory cruise). My son (11 years old) and father (65-ish year old) didn't enjoy it but my mother and I did. It was a relaxing way to see the island and the views are beautiful!

100_1763.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1753.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
wow thanks for the pictures, beautiful. Ive read that the train ride is reallllly slow, is this true? We are booked on it for January.

yeppers, the train moves at a slow pace. We found it to be nice and relaxing. Enjoy your trip in January....:D

Erin

We took this tour in Feb while we were staying for a week. If you are only staying for a day, it is a good way to get a taste of the island. Several of the people in our coach were from a cruise ship and found the trip boring.. a couple even fell asleep. My suggestion is rent a car for the day, we used Bullseye, and see the island. A round trip only takes about 2 hours and there are lots of good places in Basseterre to eat and shop.

Archived