GEM-Plug Location

Cruiselover7279

This gets asked every few weeks. Assume it will NOT be where you need it and bring an extension. Which is also good advice in case you get stuck in a hotel somewhere, somehow.

There is also always a discussion about water. Some swear they need distilled water. Others say the ship water is fine. Then again, some people tear tags off of pillows and furniture.

I have run into this plug issue a few times. The last cruise the extention cord wasn't long enough. So I guess I will have to bring the big one. Better safe then sorry. As for water I just order it. It is a little high but it is better then carrying it on the ship with u

Thanks!

I have run into this plug issue a few times. The last cruise the extention cord wasn't long enough. So I guess I will have to bring the big one. Better safe then sorry. As for water I just order it. It is a little high but it is better then carrying it on the ship with u

Thanks!

I ALWAYS bring a 25' extension cord ( a round orange one that can be seen). As to the water NCL does not have it so I do not think you can order it. I usually bring it in a plastic 1.75 liquor bottle and that works fine on the plane and getting it on board the ship.

I asked this same question earlier this week in reference to the Jewel. I was told that the plug is NOT near the bed and to bring an extension cord. Then I posted that I had heard you could get one from passenger services and did anyone know if this was true. A very kind CC member emailed the Hotel Director to ask about this question, and within 45 minutes I got an email from the Hotel Director (John O'Hara) telling me that people cruise every week with cpap machines, and they would be happy to supply me with distilled water and an extension cord. I just need to ask my room steward upon embarkation.

I bring an outlet strip so I can plug in several things. I would also bring my own extension cord as the one they supply is so long-it is not practical. My husband uses an electric scooter and I had to charge it every night. The outlet strip is so useful.

I'm sure the special needs department of NCL can accommodate, but everyone I know with a CPAP machine have an extension cord and distilled water. Its not that difficult to pack the cord and use empty water bottles for the distilled water....

I found a six foot cord barely reachable to the outlet, hanging above the floor or deck tripping others, so I use an eight foot cord. But to be safe for larger cabins one might invest in a ten to twelve foot cord.... Your choice....

If you have room in your bag to pack the CPAP machine, you have room in that bag for a cord and bottled distilled water.

Archived