Sky deck-noise from above??

SandyR5

Hi - Ready to book Summit. We want to try concierge class but all rooms are on deck 9. Are the rooms noisy because they're under the pool/buffet? Can get aft or midship. Thanks

Sandy/Long Island NY

We were forward on Summit, under the spa. No noise except in the a.m. sometimes heard them moving chairs. Lasted about 15 minutes. Other than that we loved those cabins and are booked on Summit again next March - 9047. This time we had 9043, 9038, 40, 42 are also good cabins

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Thanks for your replies, so far. I think we're going to try the aft cabin we can get. Seems people seem to LOVE those cabins. I would prefer the 8th deck, but also want to try concierge. So...9th deck it will be. (Gee, this is a pretty good problem to have!) icon_smile.gif

Sandy/Long Island NY

We just returned from a 10 day Summit cruise. (Review has been submitted here but noit yet posted) and stayed in 9082. The location was great and only heard a small amount of noise when deck chairs were being put out in the morning or in at night. Not objectionable. If you book aft beware that in the aft you'll feel more motion - particularly if the seas are not real smooth. We stayed in an AFT min-suite on Golden Princess last year and while we loved the room were really bounced around on nights with rougher seas. And on our summit cruise we made friends with a couple in the aft on deck 9 and they mentioned there was some motion issues on nights we we noticed nothing in our mid-ship location.

We had aft cabin 9201 on the Infinity's SA cruise 2/1/04. The only noise that really bothered us was at 5:30 every morning when they cleaned the outdoor cafe area and dragged the tables and chairs around. There was a classical guitarist that played there some evenings before dinner and it was enjoyable to hear him.

While we enjoyed concierge service, I think next time we will try to get an aft cabin on a lower deck. The perks weren't worth the loss of sleep since we never seemed to be able to go back to sleep.

We didn't mind the motion of our aft cabin on the Infinity. Maybe it is more than mid ship, but when the seas are rough, there is motion everywhere. But we probably had more. The aft cabin is worth a little or even a lot more motion. We had an aft cabin on the Legend of the Seas a year ago on our Australia/New Zealand cruise and when we came back to our cabin during very rough seas there was so much motion that things were flying around the room. We had to take things off the vanity, bedside table, etc. We even had a use for our duct tape - to hold shut the doors on the little cabinets the ship has on each side of the mirror over the vanity. However, we felt the motion when we were in the middle of the ship as well.

Hi Sandy...we were all the way forward on deck 9 and never had a problem with noise. We were under the spa.

Shari

Carnivale--4/79

Cunard Princess--4/84

Norway--1/86

Holiday--4/87

Zenith--Inaugural-4/92

Constitution--2/93

Infinity--1/19/03

Hello - I was in 9162 for the 14 day rio cruise on the Infinity. Although the balcony was indeed HUGE - I would *never* book the cabin again. Way too much noise from the open air bar and dining right above - mostly chair scraping/dragging that was extremely noticeable. It started around 7-8 a.m. and lasted on and off until the bar closed about midnight. If you are a light sleeper, foget about afternoon naps. Virtually impossible. Loved CC class though - and would do that again. Just not all the way aft.

We were on the Connie in Dec. in 9125 and there was noise every night. Midship is perfect for me and my inner ear problem, CClass very nice as well, but the noise was terrible!

Serenade of the Seas 9/03

Celebrity Constellation 12/03

Summit 4/04

Infinity to Alaska 9/04

Oh Nice move Phil!!! icon_wink.gif

Actually, depends on the deck--there is entertainment out back (aft) each night & IF you are late seating, you WILL hear the entertainment each night on your balcony. Yes, you CAN hear it! Is it annoying, NOT IN THE aft cabin again, YES,YES,YES,YES,YES, YES, ES,yes, yes, yes, yes,!!!

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

We didn't have the noise from the bar on Infinity because it was too cold late at night on our South America cruise most of the time. However, for whatever reason, even when we were in warmer waters near Santiago and Buenos Aires there were not many people in the outdoor bar. I would think Alaska might be the same..

We were on the Millie in March in Room 9067. We heard noise almost every night, even at 1-3a.m. We called the desk and they offered to change our room. Who wanted to move all our stuff????? Good luck!

Archived