Barcelona terminal - handicap ramp? Celebrity

DocJohnB

I have a question regarding handicap accessibility from the terminal in Barcelona - specifically for terminal for Celebrity.

My wife recently fractured her ankle and shoulder. By the time we cruise on 11/28 she will be fully able to ambulate. However, she did have a plate and screw in the ankle and I believe walking up an angled ramp will prove "testy" for her.

Is the ramp from the terminal to the ship level (i.e., from the terminal to the foyer/reception) or is it inclined? (a bit like this > ).

If it is an angled ramp, am I right to assume there are wheelchairs available?

I hope this question makes sense.

I have a question regarding handicap accessibility from the terminal in Barcelona - specifically for terminal for Celebrity.

My wife recently fractured her ankle and shoulder. By the time we cruise on 11/28 she will be fully able to ambulate. However, she did have a plate and screw in the ankle and I believe walking up an angled ramp will prove "testy" for her.

Is the ramp from the terminal to the ship level (i.e., from the terminal to the foyer/reception) or is it inclined? (a bit like this > ).

It is totally accesible, a lift from the foyer to gangway then a slight ramp to the ship.

there are Celebrity staff on site @ check in that will help with wheel chairs.

When we were there we were unlucky: The elevator was out of order...

but this was no problem:

2008-NCL-Jade-10114-CruiseTerminal.jpg

The used the crew ramp directly from the pier to make the access possible...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived