Ferry To Caye Caulker

mslaabs

We are considering taking the ferry to Caye Caulker when we stop at Belize in May. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping somebody could answer:

1. How do you get to the ferry from the tender dock, can you walk to it or do you need a cab?

2. When the ferry drops you off at Caye Caulker does it drop you off at the beach or do you need to walk through town to get to it? I see the Thriller Boat Ride arrives right at the beach, is this the same place the ferry drops you off?

3. This question is more Caye Caulker related... are there kayaks and snorkel equipment available for rent on Caye Caulker?

After doing a lot of reading, it seems that Caye Caulker is the place to go if you just want to sit around on the beach all day. I'm just trying figure out the best way to get there. The ferry seems a lot cheaper than the ship's "Thriller" excursion, but also seems a bit more involved as far as getting there and back. Any suggestions are welcomed, and thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.

mslaabs-

You may already have this info, but I thought I'd try to help.

This website is for the water taxi and has a phone number:

cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com

Looks like it's only $17.50 round trip compared to the $80 ship excursion.

Lisa

Archived