I'm taking my first cruise from Port Liberty in November and I'm doing it solo so want to know what to expect before I encounter it. These boards have been helpful in answering many questions, but I found little on how the ship's shuttle to the airport works. First, I understand Uber/Lyft are great options, but I'm not comfortable doing those alone and prefer the (hopefully) ease of the ship's shuttle. I have a 12:30 United Airlines flight and here are my questions:
1. Disembarkation - is there a special group for Airport transfer people or do you disembark with the general mass?
2. Do I retrieve my luggage at the ship terminal and take it to the shuttle with me? Again, are bags kept in a separate group for retrieving?
3. Are there signs or crew members in the terminal to direct you to the shuttles? I would think "yes", but don't want to assume.
4. Does the shuttle drop you off directly at the terminal? I've never been to EWR, but I've been reading that there is a tram stop of some sort that a lot of ride share places drop you off at and then you need to drag the luggage on the tram to the correct terminal.
5. This may have be answered in one of the above questions, but how am I reunited with my luggage at the airport?
Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.